- Woman slammed for trying to put UPS driver on blast Sunday 5:23 PM
- Twitter users are sharing which celebrities have blocked them Sunday 4:43 PM
- Conspiracy theorists are already taking advantage of Kobe Bryant’s death Sunday 4:14 PM
- Adam Driver returns to ‘SNL’ as Kylo Ren to reprise role in ‘Undercover Boss’ parody Sunday 3:46 PM
- White men are raging over ‘SNL’s’ white male rage skit Sunday 3:05 PM
- Kobe Bryant dead at 41 Sunday 2:24 PM
- Pete Buttigieg mocked over ‘staged’ walking photo Sunday 12:22 PM
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Sunday 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Sunday 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Sunday 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Sunday 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Sunday 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
Coachella on Wednesday announced the official 2019 lineup, which features exciting headliners including Ariana Grande, Childish Gambino, and Tame Impala.
As people read the small print, they were surprised to find Idris Elba among the performers. Elba is best known as an actor, which is why it was confusing to see him on the lineup for a music festival. He’s been on The Office, The Wire, Luther, and many other popular shows.
“Wait, why is Idris Elba a part of the lineup?! Lol,” one Twitter user asked.
Wait, why is Idris Elba a part of the lineup?! Lol pic.twitter.com/kfntyJf2ws— J a m i e (@CandidlyJAMIE) January 3, 2019
Some didn’t care what he’d be doing. They just want to see People’s 2018 “Sexiest Man Alive” do anything. “I would deadass pay $500 to see Idris Elba stand still on a stage and just breathe into a microphone, so please tell me what this man finna do at Coachella I’m losing my fucking mind,” one person said.
I would deadass pay $500 to see Idris Elba stand still on a stage and just breathe into a microphone, so pLEASE tell me what this man finna do at Coachella I’m losing my fucking mIND— arro (@_osmosisjones) January 3, 2019
One person helpfully explained Elba’s side gig is DJing.
“Are we just going to ignore the fact that Idris Elba is a DJ in his spare time and is on the Coachella line up??” they said.
Are we just going to ignore the fact that Idris Elba is a dj in his spare time and is on the coachella line up??— Yewande (@OneYewande) January 3, 2019
Can you believe? Apparently a little-known fact, but Elba sometimes talks about his DJ career on Twitter. Last July, he posted a video that featured part of one of his shows in Brooklyn.
In August, he tweeted a photo where he is DJing with a link to his new tracks.
It seems he really can do it all.
- People can’t believe this $1,100 doll is supposed to look like Idris Elba
- Kim Kardashian called out for promoting suspect diet products on Instagram
- Netflix issues warning to people doing the ‘Bird Box’ challenge
H/T BuzzFeed News
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.