- Fortnite streamer Tfue sues gaming organization FaZe Clan over contract dispute Today 12:28 AM
- Report finds some users can’t opt out of Facebook’s face recognition Monday 7:27 PM
- Get emotional over this real-life pastor baptizing an anime girl in virtual reality Monday 6:53 PM
- Twitter wants to know what Jack in the Box did to offend Kim Kardashian Monday 6:38 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ meme claims King’s Landing is an ‘inside job’ Monday 6:06 PM
- Report: Personal data of 49 million Instagram influencers exposed online Monday 4:57 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer Monday 4:02 PM
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda Monday 3:12 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Monday 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Monday 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Monday 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Monday 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Monday 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Monday 11:36 AM
Kim Kardashian called out for promoting suspect diet products on Instagram
Kim Kardashian is being blasted again for plugging suspect diet products on Instagram. After explaining how busy she was during the holidays and how that kept her from her usual workouts, Kim announced she “just restarted” drinking Flat Tummy Co shakes in a paid partnership post.
“These meal replacement shakes are so good and they’re helping me get my tummy back to flat,” she wrote in the caption. “I’m already feeling amazing and I’m so excited for the next few weeks.”
The post received a slew of negative comments and some people took to Twitter to criticize the reality star for promoting the diet products. This isn’t the first time Kim has been in hot water for promoting diet products. Earlier last year, she was called out for promoting another Flat Tummy Co product called Appetite Suppressant Lollipops. Kim has reportedly been paid $500,000 for a single Instagram post, so there’s seemingly no secret as to why she makes the sponsored posts.
The Good Place actress Jameela Jamil, who has been criticizing celebrities for promoting these type of products, slammed the post on Twitter shortly after.
“I see the diarrhea powder pushers are back out in full force pouting next to their laxative-shakes… so I’m gonna roll this baby back out… so we can all grasp just how gross they are and what they’re doing is,” she wrote along with a video she made demonstrating that many of the diet products are laxatives.
I see the diarrhea powder pushers are back out in full force pouting next to their laxative-shakes… so I’m gonna roll this baby back out… so we can all grasp just how gross they are and what they’re doing is… 💋 https://t.co/thkiH7mLs4
— Jameela Jamil 🌈 (@jameelajamil) January 3, 2019
“Must be making a killing from this company to still be promoting them in 2019, despite all the backlash & all the evidence that this is an unhealthy product from a company that promotes many other irresponsible products. I won’t even go into the body image issues and unsustainable yoyo dieting products like these cause women,” someone wrote in a comment on Kim’s Instagram. “At this point, everyone, even you – with your head in the clouds, surrounded by ‘yes’ men & women – know better.”
“Kim Kardashian’s is a multi-millionaire with a personal trainer and nutritionist does she really need to be out here promoting flat tummy tea,” someone else asked on Twitter.
Kim Kardashian’s is a multi millionaire with a personal trainer and nutritionist does she really need to be out here promoting flat tummy tea
— holl (@H0llyyK1ng) January 3, 2019
“In 2019, I’d like to see Kim Kardashian stop plugging these stupid flat tummy shakes. So many impressionable people think this will help them look more like her when her body is attributed to diet and exercising daily! Come on Kim!” another person said on Twitter.
In 2019, I’d like to see @KimKardashian stop plugging these stupid flat tummy shakes. So many impressionable people think this will help them look more like her, when her body is attributed to diet and exercising daily! Come on Kim!
— Michelle (@mpyke1989) January 3, 2019
Kim hasn’t responded to the negative feedback.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.