- Anti-Trump bros Ed and Brian Krassenstein get kicked off Twitter Thursday 8:07 PM
- Amazon is trying to solve pushback on facial recognition software with a web form Thursday 6:56 PM
- T.I. says Nipsey Hussle’s death was ‘like losing Iron Man’ Thursday 6:32 PM
- Facebook banned billions of fake accounts in the first 3 months of this year Thursday 5:49 PM
- Twitch streamer gets banned for drunkenly passing out during broadcast Thursday 5:00 PM
- WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange indicted under Espionage Act Thursday 4:39 PM
- These doctored videos want to make you think Nancy Pelosi is always drunk Thursday 4:02 PM
- A robot could soon be delivering your packages from a self-driving car Thursday 3:29 PM
- Bipartisan anti-robocall bill overwhelmingly passes Senate Thursday 2:40 PM
- Deepfake-style videos can now be made with just a single image Thursday 1:57 PM
- The Lonely Island’s ‘Bash Brothers’ is what Netflix should be doing with short-form comedy Thursday 1:55 PM
- ‘Green dress lady’ proves green screen memes are still going strong Thursday 1:45 PM
- ‘Bowling alley strike screen’ memes are bizarre and wonderful Thursday 12:40 PM
- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed Thursday 12:00 PM
- Stephen A. Smith is baby Thursday 11:43 AM
Logan Paul’s dad got punched in the head after boxing press conference
It was all caught on video.
As Greg Paul scampered away to safety after the press conference ended, somebody ran up behind him and punched him in the head, knocking off his hat, before running the other way. Here’s what happened.
During the press conference to hype the Aug. 25 KSI-Logan Paul boxing match in the U.K., KSI talked trash about Logan Paul’s girlfriend, Chloe Bennet, and his dad. Greg Paul has come under pressure in the YouTube community after he was blamed for the recent Team 10 explosion that saw a number of Jake Paul’s friends leave his so-called YouTube incubator system.
As KSI had the microphone at the press conference, he addressed Greg Paul and said, “You said you’d beat me in a fight but you wouldn’t do shit. You’re an old man. But, I’m sure you’d like a round with those little girls you like kissing. You sick, deadbeat, bald-headed prick.”
In the immediate aftermath, Twitter user @AbdiHaaji4 claimed to have found the person who punched Paul.
— Abdi Haaji (@AbdiHaaji4) July 18, 2018
Afterward, YouTuber Izadi, who is a friend of Logan Paul’s brother Jake Paul and who has 110,000 subscribers, said Deji—KSI’s younger brother who is fighting Jake Paul on the undercard of KSI-Logan Paul—implored his fans to attack the Paul party.
“You told the fans that if they see anybody, to go after them … now you have a fucking problem with a real Vegas motherfucker,” said Izadi, who was flanked by Greg Paul at the end of his video. “I’m coming after you for the damages [to his car] and then I might just come after you, player. You don’t fucking tell people to attack my friends.”
According to Deji, though, Greg Paul “assaulted a fan first.” He also showed a clip from a now-deleted YouTube video in which Deji told fans not to attack the Paul’s.
“It’s still wrong he got assaulted, but it’s also wrong he’s attacking fans,” Deji said. “He started it. … You can come and sue me, but you’d just be wasting your money. There’s nothing on me. … Go for it, my man.”
The Aug. 25 fight will be available on YouTube, where it will cost $8 to livestream.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.