- Report: DACA recipients increasingly being denied federal housing loans Friday 3:54 PM
- Chris Christie is finally getting praise—for turning down Donald Trump Friday 3:39 PM
- Net neutrality died last year. But the fight’s just begun Friday 1:18 PM
- Kim Kierkegaardashian creator says popular Twitter account ‘speaks to the duality in all of us’ Friday 1:02 PM
- Facebook admits that 6.8 million users’ private photos were exposed Friday 12:55 PM
- YouTube reviewer heads to homeless shelter to critique the food Friday 12:46 PM
- Viral video shows Brooklyn woman’s racist tirade and violent attack Friday 12:38 PM
- 7-year-old migrant girl dies in Border Patrol custody Friday 11:31 AM
- People are losing it after hearing the end of Ariana Grande’s new song ‘Imagine’ Friday 11:28 AM
- Failed Green party candidate was secretly behind this popular QAnon account Friday 11:05 AM
- Dude gets dunked on for claiming Keira Knightley’s ‘six pack’ makes her trans Friday 10:52 AM
- A theoretical tax on Bud Light has infuriated conservatives Friday 10:10 AM
- Tumblr is back on the iOS App Store as NSFW content ban looms Friday 10:10 AM
- Here’s why YouTube deleted 58 million videos and a ton of accounts Friday 9:43 AM
- The 25 worst passwords of 2018 Friday 9:27 AM
Logan Paul’s dad got punched in the head after boxing press conference
It was all caught on video.
As Greg Paul scampered away to safety after the press conference ended, somebody ran up behind him and punched him in the head, knocking off his hat, before running the other way. Here’s what happened.
During the press conference to hype the Aug. 25 KSI-Logan Paul boxing match in the U.K., KSI talked trash about Logan Paul’s girlfriend, Chloe Bennet, and his dad. Greg Paul has come under pressure in the YouTube community after he was blamed for the recent Team 10 explosion that saw a number of Jake Paul’s friends leave his so-called YouTube incubator system.
As KSI had the microphone at the press conference, he addressed Greg Paul and said, “You said you’d beat me in a fight but you wouldn’t do shit. You’re an old man. But, I’m sure you’d like a round with those little girls you like kissing. You sick, deadbeat, bald-headed prick.”
In the immediate aftermath, Twitter user @AbdiHaaji4 claimed to have found the person who punched Paul.
— Abdi Haaji (@AbdiHaaji4) July 18, 2018
Afterward, YouTuber Izadi, who is a friend of Logan Paul’s brother Jake Paul and who has 110,000 subscribers, said Deji—KSI’s younger brother who is fighting Jake Paul on the undercard of KSI-Logan Paul—implored his fans to attack the Paul party.
“You told the fans that if they see anybody, to go after them … now you have a fucking problem with a real Vegas motherfucker,” said Izadi, who was flanked by Greg Paul at the end of his video. “I’m coming after you for the damages [to his car] and then I might just come after you, player. You don’t fucking tell people to attack my friends.”
According to Deji, though, Greg Paul “assaulted a fan first.” He also showed a clip from a now-deleted YouTube video in which Deji told fans not to attack the Paul’s.
“It’s still wrong he got assaulted, but it’s also wrong he’s attacking fans,” Deji said. “He started it. … You can come and sue me, but you’d just be wasting your money. There’s nothing on me. … Go for it, my man.”
The Aug. 25 fight will be available on YouTube, where it will cost $8 to livestream.
Josh Katzowitz is the Weekend Editor for the Daily Dot and covers the world of YouTube. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. He’s also a longtime sports writer, covering the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.