- Lawsuit alleges YouTube’s unboxing videos are ‘abusive’ ads aimed at kids Sunday 3:48 PM
- Dr. Dre shades Lori Loughlin with Instagram flex about his daughter getting into USC Sunday 3:13 PM
- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage Sunday 1:21 PM
- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out Sunday 10:47 AM
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Sunday 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Sunday 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Sunday 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Sunday 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
Logan Paul’s dad got punched in the head after boxing press conference
It was all caught on video.
As Greg Paul scampered away to safety after the press conference ended, somebody ran up behind him and punched him in the head, knocking off his hat, before running the other way. Here’s what happened.
During the press conference to hype the Aug. 25 KSI-Logan Paul boxing match in the U.K., KSI talked trash about Logan Paul’s girlfriend, Chloe Bennet, and his dad. Greg Paul has come under pressure in the YouTube community after he was blamed for the recent Team 10 explosion that saw a number of Jake Paul’s friends leave his so-called YouTube incubator system.
As KSI had the microphone at the press conference, he addressed Greg Paul and said, “You said you’d beat me in a fight but you wouldn’t do shit. You’re an old man. But, I’m sure you’d like a round with those little girls you like kissing. You sick, deadbeat, bald-headed prick.”
In the immediate aftermath, Twitter user @AbdiHaaji4 claimed to have found the person who punched Paul.
— Abdi Haaji (@AbdiHaaji4) July 18, 2018
Afterward, YouTuber Izadi, who is a friend of Logan Paul’s brother Jake Paul and who has 110,000 subscribers, said Deji—KSI’s younger brother who is fighting Jake Paul on the undercard of KSI-Logan Paul—implored his fans to attack the Paul party.
“You told the fans that if they see anybody, to go after them … now you have a fucking problem with a real Vegas motherfucker,” said Izadi, who was flanked by Greg Paul at the end of his video. “I’m coming after you for the damages [to his car] and then I might just come after you, player. You don’t fucking tell people to attack my friends.”
According to Deji, though, Greg Paul “assaulted a fan first.” He also showed a clip from a now-deleted YouTube video in which Deji told fans not to attack the Paul’s.
“It’s still wrong he got assaulted, but it’s also wrong he’s attacking fans,” Deji said. “He started it. … You can come and sue me, but you’d just be wasting your money. There’s nothing on me. … Go for it, my man.”
The Aug. 25 fight will be available on YouTube, where it will cost $8 to livestream.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.