- New website will endlessly generate fake faces thanks to AI 4 Days Ago
- Man fakes getting stood up at Outback Steakhouse Today 3:03 PM
- FCC looks to tackle robocalls and spoofed texts Today 2:57 PM
- How to protect yourself from the data breach that affected 744 million accounts Today 12:56 PM
- How to stream Rob Brant vs. Khasan Baysangurov online for free Today 12:21 PM
- No, Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t have her boyfriend on her payroll Today 12:20 PM
- Writers want this book canceled for misgendering its protagonist Today 12:15 PM
- Trump Jr’s meme about his dad’s border wall doesn’t get how Congress works Today 11:44 AM
- FBI reportedly looking into Ryan Adams’ communications with underage girl Today 11:25 AM
- Trump does Chinese accent, declares national emergency, bewilders the internet Today 11:21 AM
- Chrissy Teigen throws shade at Logan Paul-Kaitlin Bennett pairing Today 10:48 AM
- Trump says ‘I didn’t need to do this’ while declaring national emergency Today 10:48 AM
- Women sue border patrol for detaining them for speaking Spanish Today 10:20 AM
- Tana Mongeau’s switch to Twitch has not gone well Today 9:58 AM
- Trans YouTube streamer shot in leg by security guard (updated) Today 9:25 AM
The K-pop idols showed up for the awards hoping to win the best recording package for their album Love Yourself: Tear but lost out to St. Vincent’s Masseduction. The best recording package nomination was album artwork which they credit to artist Doohee Lee.
Love Yourself: Tear is the first Korean album to be in the best recording package category at the Grammy awards. Fan reactions would make you think they won anyway.
BTS is known to have a loyal fan base, which flooded Twitter with unprecedented enthusiasm for presenters of the best r&b album category. The band also became the first Korean act to present at the Grammys.
mom: what r u busy about all day&night long
me: uh i-important businessssu 👈😁pic.twitter.com/9S4lQ0ewpx
— 𝒾 𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓌𝑜𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 💜아미 (@iperpleu) February 11, 2019
— 방탄소년단 (@BTS_twt) February 11, 2019
— l e o ✨ (@homophoria) February 10, 2019
the fact that bts were even nominated shows how big they are please let’s not be discouraged and let’s aim to get them an award next year I know we can do it today showed us that bts are capable of anything let’s keep it up and we will get them an award next year!! #TearItUpBTS
— 𝘺𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪 (@yoonminfocus) February 10, 2019
— tori 🍒 (@THOTTIEGUK) February 10, 2019
The Grammys still claimed them and their artwork this is itself is a win #TearItUpBTS
— bts went to grammys and i am so in love with them (@mediscines) February 10, 2019
— a grammy appearance today! (@promisecuIt) February 10, 2019
— Fuji (@myglossugastd) February 10, 2019
The BTS Army was well-represented online, becoming a trending topic in the U.S. Sunday night. Fans even received a shout out from the boy band on the red carpet.
“It’s a blessing we get so much love for doing what we love to do. We are so thankful,” they told E! News.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.