- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides 12 Months Ago
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign 12 Months Ago
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Today 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Today 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Today 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Today 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Today 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Today 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Today 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Today 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Today 10:30 AM
- Report: Jack Dorsey declined to host a fundraiser for Tulsi Gabbard Today 10:22 AM
- Bernie Sanders plugs Joe Rogan endorsement—and women are furious Today 10:04 AM
- Young woman using TikTok to document the end of her life says she’s dying next week Today 8:43 AM
- London’s real-time facial recognition program a ‘breathtaking assault’ on civil rights Today 8:23 AM
The K-pop idols showed up for the awards hoping to win the best recording package for their album Love Yourself: Tear but lost out to St. Vincent’s Masseduction. The best recording package nomination was album artwork which they credit to artist Doohee Lee.
Love Yourself: Tear is the first Korean album to be in the best recording package category at the Grammy awards. Fan reactions would make you think they won anyway.
BTS is known to have a loyal fan base, which flooded Twitter with unprecedented enthusiasm for presenters of the best r&b album category. The band also became the first Korean act to present at the Grammys.
the fact that bts were even nominated shows how big they are please let’s not be discouraged and let’s aim to get them an award next year I know we can do it today showed us that bts are capable of anything let’s keep it up and we will get them an award next year!! #TearItUpBTS— Tokyo/Seoul 476days (@yoonminfocus) February 10, 2019
The Grammys still claimed them and their artwork this is itself is a win #TearItUpBTS— bts went to grammys and i am so in love with them (@mediscines) February 10, 2019
The BTS Army was well-represented online, becoming a trending topic in the U.S. Sunday night. Fans even received a shout out from the boy band on the red carpet.
“It’s a blessing we get so much love for doing what we love to do. We are so thankful,” they told E! News.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.