- Fans speculate wildly about Naomi Watts’ ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel role after leaked set photo 5 Months Ago
- New Jersey congressman joins House Democrats ‘Squad’ because of an Onion article Today 3:09 PM
- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy Today 1:54 PM
- Man asks his girlfriend to ‘unlove’ her ex—and people do not agree with him Today 1:37 PM
- Relive a forgotten gem with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console Today 1:09 PM
- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor Today 1:01 PM
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ Today 12:55 PM
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations Today 12:19 PM
- ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’ tries to find humor in bad actors Today 12:02 PM
- Democratic senator calls Facebook ‘dangerous’ during Libra cryptocurrency hearing Today 11:57 AM
- How ‘Kyle’ became synonymous with angry, Monster Energy-chugging white boys Today 11:22 AM
- Nearly impossible ‘Super Mario Maker 2’ level inspires memes Today 11:16 AM
- Madonna faces backlash for posting photos of her Black daughters with watermelon Today 10:44 AM
- Biden wants to challenge Trump to a push-up contest Today 10:00 AM
- Trump continues to tweet as House gears up to condemn his racist tweets Today 9:21 AM
The K-pop idols showed up for the awards hoping to win the best recording package for their album Love Yourself: Tear but lost out to St. Vincent’s Masseduction. The best recording package nomination was album artwork which they credit to artist Doohee Lee.
Love Yourself: Tear is the first Korean album to be in the best recording package category at the Grammy awards. Fan reactions would make you think they won anyway.
BTS is known to have a loyal fan base, which flooded Twitter with unprecedented enthusiasm for presenters of the best r&b album category. The band also became the first Korean act to present at the Grammys.
the fact that bts were even nominated shows how big they are please let’s not be discouraged and let’s aim to get them an award next year I know we can do it today showed us that bts are capable of anything let’s keep it up and we will get them an award next year!! #TearItUpBTS— Tokyo/Seoul 476days (@yoonminfocus) February 10, 2019
The Grammys still claimed them and their artwork this is itself is a win #TearItUpBTS— bts went to grammys and i am so in love with them (@mediscines) February 10, 2019
The BTS Army was well-represented online, becoming a trending topic in the U.S. Sunday night. Fans even received a shout out from the boy band on the red carpet.
“It’s a blessing we get so much love for doing what we love to do. We are so thankful,” they told E! News.
- CBS All Access takes you closer to your favorite shows
- The Grammys are doomed to fail, and they’ve only got themselves to blame
- The 2019 Grammy nominations are dividing Twitter
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.