- Daniel Caesar dons cape for whiteness—and gets canceled Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Triton is a new malware ‘deliberately’ designed to put lives at risk Wednesday 3:23 PM
- ‘Into the Dark: I’m Just F*cking with You’ is one of the series’ best Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Trump’s latest prop, a map of ISIS, gets memed Wednesday 12:54 PM
- HBO sends fans on a global scavenger hunt for 6 Iron Thrones Wednesday 11:51 AM
- The Awkward Family Photos game is Cards Against Humanity for meme lovers Wednesday 11:50 AM
- London firefighters’ organization accuses ‘Peppa Pig’ of sexism Wednesday 11:41 AM
- YouTuber accused of abusing her children to make kid-friendly content Wednesday 11:20 AM
- Ari Fleischer’s Iraq War tweet isn’t going over well Wednesday 10:54 AM
- Cop arrested for recording man’s genitals, forcing mentally ill man to twerk Wednesday 10:37 AM
- MoviePass rebrands its unlimited plan, again Wednesday 10:37 AM
- Former Alaska senator launches meme-filled 2020 primary campaign Wednesday 10:17 AM
- The Shane Dawson cat controversy has resulted in these sex memes Wednesday 10:06 AM
- Sarah Sanders mocks CNN reporter with ‘dear diary’ tweet Wednesday 9:03 AM
- Know what you’re signing up for thanks to these dating site reviews Wednesday 8:58 AM
The K-pop idols showed up for the awards hoping to win the best recording package for their album Love Yourself: Tear but lost out to St. Vincent’s Masseduction. The best recording package nomination was album artwork which they credit to artist Doohee Lee.
Love Yourself: Tear is the first Korean album to be in the best recording package category at the Grammy awards. Fan reactions would make you think they won anyway.
BTS is known to have a loyal fan base, which flooded Twitter with unprecedented enthusiasm for presenters of the best r&b album category. The band also became the first Korean act to present at the Grammys.
mom: what r u busy about all day&night long
me: uh i-important businessssu 👈😁pic.twitter.com/9S4lQ0ewpx
— ➳ BTS🤝아미 (@iperpleu) February 11, 2019
— 방탄소년단 (@BTS_twt) February 11, 2019
— 𝕄𝕒𝕡 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕠𝕦𝕝 ✨ (@homophoria) February 10, 2019
the fact that bts were even nominated shows how big they are please let’s not be discouraged and let’s aim to get them an award next year I know we can do it today showed us that bts are capable of anything let’s keep it up and we will get them an award next year!! #TearItUpBTS
— Tokyo/Seoul 476days (@yoonminfocus) February 10, 2019
The Grammys still claimed them and their artwork this is itself is a win #TearItUpBTS
— bts went to grammys and i am so in love with them (@mediscines) February 10, 2019
— a grammy appearance today! (@promisecuIt) February 10, 2019
— Fuji (@myglossugastd) February 10, 2019
The BTS Army was well-represented online, becoming a trending topic in the U.S. Sunday night. Fans even received a shout out from the boy band on the red carpet.
“It’s a blessing we get so much love for doing what we love to do. We are so thankful,” they told E! News.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.