- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme 7 Months Ago
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Today 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Today 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Today 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Today 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Today 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Today 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Today 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Today 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Today 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Today 5:30 AM
Bad Lip Reading turns BTS’ ‘Idol’ into a pasta theft anthem
If you haven’t heard of the Korean boy band BTS yet, its brand is wrapped up in protecting young men from negative stereotypes. Literally, BTS means “Bangtan Sonyeondan,” or “Bulletproof Boy Scouts.” The group’s latest hit, “Idol,” is full of self-positive lyrics about being confident in who you are, but you wouldn’t know it by looking at the latest video—or the Bad Lip Reading version that parodies it.
The music video for “Idol” is something else, with a Bollywood level design sensibility, a shark that bounces in tune with the singing, and 80-foot tall CG versions of the seven band members looming overhead.
Bad Lip Reading managed to make the song even more ridiculous, turning the boys’ lyrics into…a song about casual pasta theft? Quite frankly, it makes just as much sense as anything else in this fever dream of well-groomed 20-somethings. Give it a look below, and then check out the original video too. Maybe just don’t take any drugs before doing so.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.