- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Saturday 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Saturday 5:30 AM
Who’s got 16 thumbs up and maybe just farted? These guys!
This photo combines all three!
Posted to the @POTUS Twitter account Thursday, this photo was reportedly snapped just after Trump signed House Joint Resolution 38, which blocks the “Stream Protection Rule” that was finalized in December. To celebrate, the president and surrounding onlookers tossed up an array of thumbs-ups of questionable quality.
Twitter, of course, has turned it into a caption contest.
The suggestions range from on-the-nose current-events commentary to abundantly morbid, wildly speculative, and of course, NSFW.
Thumbs up if you’re fine with treason! pic.twitter.com/3UhPBge0NQ
— Jim (@fretlessfever) February 17, 2017
thumbs up 4 dying on the toilet pic.twitter.com/pTrAO5HLpT
— Bill Corbett (@BillCorbett) February 17, 2017
If you’re able to look past the thumbs and the overwhelming whiteness, however, a few more Easter eggs are buried in the shot. Look at the left hand of the man standing to the left of the guy in the orange tie. Is he trying to reach out and touch the president? Did he forget how to make a thumbs up with both hands at once? The world may never know.
Composition is all off, among other things. pic.twitter.com/KpMaONFD0W
— Annie Lowrey (@AnnieLowrey) February 17, 2017
And just in case that wasn’t enough to look at, one Twitter user opted to add a little something to the foreground.
Rule of thumb: If a dick can be added to a photo, a dick will be added to the photo.
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.