- You can now perform Marvel plays with your school theater group 2 Years Ago
- Trans/Sex: Strap-ons for trans women, inclusive porn games, and online dating 2 Years Ago
- Why UFC 239 may be the PPV event of the year Today 6:00 AM
- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Monday 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Monday 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Monday 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Monday 11:30 AM
Who’s got 16 thumbs up and maybe just farted? These guys!
This photo combines all three!
Posted to the @POTUS Twitter account Thursday, this photo was reportedly snapped just after Trump signed House Joint Resolution 38, which blocks the “Stream Protection Rule” that was finalized in December. To celebrate, the president and surrounding onlookers tossed up an array of thumbs-ups of questionable quality.
Twitter, of course, has turned it into a caption contest.
The suggestions range from on-the-nose current-events commentary to abundantly morbid, wildly speculative, and of course, NSFW.
Thumbs up if you’re fine with treason! pic.twitter.com/3UhPBge0NQ
— Jim (@fretlessfever) February 17, 2017
thumbs up 4 dying on the toilet pic.twitter.com/pTrAO5HLpT
— Bill Corbett (@BillCorbett) February 17, 2017
If you’re able to look past the thumbs and the overwhelming whiteness, however, a few more Easter eggs are buried in the shot. Look at the left hand of the man standing to the left of the guy in the orange tie. Is he trying to reach out and touch the president? Did he forget how to make a thumbs up with both hands at once? The world may never know.
Composition is all off, among other things. pic.twitter.com/KpMaONFD0W
— Annie Lowrey (@AnnieLowrey) February 17, 2017
And just in case that wasn’t enough to look at, one Twitter user opted to add a little something to the foreground.
Rule of thumb: If a dick can be added to a photo, a dick will be added to the photo.
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.