- Ajit Pai’s net neutrality victory lap comes as his own repeal is under review 3 Years Ago
- Alissa Violet is in Italy—and fans are worried she’ll get coronavirus 3 Years Ago
- Bernie or Barry? Garth Brooks’ Sanders jersey sparks online panic 3 Years Ago
- Netflix series ‘Followers’ is a visual treat—but lacks a clear narrative Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer got trapped under ice for TikTok clout, ‘came close to dying’ Thursday 7:59 PM
- #BernieBruh puts new spin on ‘Bernie Bro’ label, showcases support among Black voters Thursday 6:58 PM
- Camila María Concepcíon, trans activist and Netflix writer, dies at 28 Thursday 5:46 PM
- Chrissy Teigen calls out fan who made weird comment about her daughter’s feet Thursday 4:57 PM
- TikTok’s ‘clean queen’ says videos are helping her figure out ‘adulting’ Thursday 4:12 PM
- Clearview clients include ICE, Macy’s, Best Buy, leaked data reveals Thursday 4:08 PM
- Women are clamoring to get their photos on a Twitter feed of ‘hot mugshots’ Thursday 4:06 PM
- ‘Love Is Blind’ finale: Somehow, real love emerged from this dystopian setting Thursday 3:57 PM
- Creator of ‘Say So’ TikTok dance appears in Doja Cat music video Thursday 3:51 PM
- Is TikTok’s algorithm actually pretty racist? Thursday 3:45 PM
- Fans freaking out over ‘Say My Name’ horror remix featured in Jordan Peele’s ‘Candyman’ Thursday 3:33 PM
What could be better, what could be sweeter, than an intended insult landing like a compliment?
Yesterday, an alt-right Twitter user who’s usually responsible for gems like this:
Gave liberals a huge gift when they tweeted this:
This is the future that liberals want. pic.twitter.com/QwterpqQbH— /pol/ News Network (@polNewsNetwork1) March 1, 2017
That’s right, two people peacefully enjoying public transportation. Two women, one trans, one in a hijab, minding their own business while reducing their carbon footprint. It’s really a liberal wet dream, one that the left was happy to embrace.
@polNewsNetwork1 People wearing what they want to? Feeling comfortable in public? Going outside without fear? AWESOME LET'S DO IT.— TechnicallyRon (@TechnicallyRon) March 2, 2017
But it wasn’t enough to just say “Yeah idiot, we would all like it if people could just get along and not be harassed.” This tweet was way too perfect to not be turned into a meme. In less than 24 hours it exploded, with liberals tweeting increasingly more bizarre and/or adorable pictures of possible futures under their rule.
this is the future liberals want pic.twitter.com/26wWUKfLCg— darth™ (@darth) March 2, 2017
this is the future that liberals want pic.twitter.com/6671NeUw3y— Amanda M-W (@Manda_like_wine) March 2, 2017
This is the future liberals want. pic.twitter.com/aOXpMygC9f— Anthony Stuart (@Anthony_Stuart) March 2, 2017
This is the future liberals want. pic.twitter.com/FXSoR6U95f— Kimberimberly (@kimberimberly) March 2, 2017
This is the future that liberals want. pic.twitter.com/4oZTpbNe6J— scriblit (@Scriblit) March 2, 2017
This is the future that liberals want pic.twitter.com/O2zUpvSehK— Lanark (@donAlvar) March 2, 2017
This is the future that liberals want. pic.twitter.com/Ar23HvOsCO— Johnfromsoho (@johnfromsoho) March 2, 2017
This is the future liberals want. pic.twitter.com/xcqUT84FX3— Myke Cole (@MykeCole) March 2, 2017
This is the future liberals want pic.twitter.com/PGbLWyonGb— Ian Williams (@Brock_toon) March 2, 2017
For his part, the original tweeter was less than thrilled that his tweet has been turned on its head.
Libcucks quote my tweet in 4 categories:— /pol/ News Network (@polNewsNetwork1) March 2, 2017
1)Vague Disney References
2)Pretending they like it
3)Pretending to see nothing
Buckle up everybody, the future is gonna be awesome.
This is the future that liberals want. pic.twitter.com/3n6EYF5Cen— Joe Poser (@J_Poser) March 2, 2017
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.