- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
- Police officer suspended after video of a handcuffed Delonte West surfaces Wednesday 11:33 AM
- ‘Girls don’t want a boyfriend’ meme leaves boyfriends in 2019 Wednesday 11:21 AM
The viral promposals just keep coming. So far this year, we’ve seen reenacted births, third-wheeling giraffes, and a dude who asked himself to the big dance—and now two teens have the purrfect plan to cover up the somewhat crass humor of their would-be-viral moment.
As with any suitable promposal, Jake Bailey decided to get punny for the big ask and enlisted the help of an adorable kitten. His date was excited to open a box and see the feline offering sitting inside, with “It’d be a CATastrophe if you didn’t go to prom with me” written on the inside of the lid.
Sounds like a cute enough way to get a date for the dance, right? But Bailey also decided to go there while he had the cat on his side. After the “catastrophe” wordplay, the teen went from zero to 60 with a sign that read: “Let me take that PU$$Y to PROM.” Obviously not mom-friendly, so they had a G-rated picture as well.
It’s the classic “here, let’s cover-up our true teen ridiculousness with a cute picture of us to ward off any parental concern.” And Twitter has been loving it—the photos racked up over 11,000 retweets and 21,000 likes in less than 24 hours.
Looks like she’s pretty happy with the promposal.
It’s unclear whether or not their moms found out about the pussy sign when the pictures popped off on the Internet. That would be the real catastrophe.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.