- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Today 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Today 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
I had said Friday was the worst day of Donald Trump's presidency. I was wrong. It is today.— Joe Scarborough (@JoeNBC) March 20, 2017
So it’s impossible for anyone to say that what Sean Spicer said in his press briefing yesterday will be the most astonishing thing ever uttered at the podium, but it sure is head-scratching. Speaking about investigations by the FBI into contacts with Russia by members of the Trump camp, Spicer said that Donald Trump’s former campaign chair Paul Manafort had a “limited role” in the Trump’s actual campaign.
Wow - Spicer now describing Manafort as playing a "very limited role" for a "very limited" time. He was chairman of the campaign!!!— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) March 20, 2017
For those scoring at home with “facts,” Manafort joined the campaign in March 2016, and by April it was assumed he was running the show, wresting control away from Corey Lewandowski. Manafort then departed the campaign in late August, due to his ties to pro-Russian politicians in the Ukraine. That would mean that six out of the 17 months of the campaign, Manafort was running the campaign.
Naturally, Twitter ran with it.
Garlic has a #VeryLimitedRole in Italian food.— Scott Simon (@nprscottsimon) March 20, 2017
Coffee has a #VeryLimitedRole in the success of Starbucks.☕— Emily (@racerunnerEm) March 20, 2017
Steve Perry had #VeryLimitedRole in success of Journey!— Gail Toney (@gtsrambling) March 20, 2017
While we can’t say this will be the best meme Spicer ever gives us, we can say with certainty it was pretty good.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]