- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter 3 Years Ago
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play 3 Years Ago
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament Today 3:21 PM
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Today 3:19 PM
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns Today 3:06 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives Today 3:03 PM
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist Today 2:46 PM
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Today 1:35 PM
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Today 12:52 PM
- Rumor: Apple to release $399 iPhone SE follow-up next year Today 12:44 PM
- Sulli, K-pop star who spoke against cyberbullying, dead at 25 Today 12:37 PM
- The latest front in Turkey’s digital war against the Kurds? Google reviews Today 12:19 PM
- Slow iPhone got you down? Here’s how to speed it back up Today 11:49 AM
- Andy Ngo smears antifa activist killed in hit-and-run Today 11:25 AM
- ‘Succession’ but with M&Ms is a pitch-perfect parody Today 11:12 AM
I had said Friday was the worst day of Donald Trump's presidency. I was wrong. It is today.— Joe Scarborough (@JoeNBC) March 20, 2017
So it’s impossible for anyone to say that what Sean Spicer said in his press briefing yesterday will be the most astonishing thing ever uttered at the podium, but it sure is head-scratching. Speaking about investigations by the FBI into contacts with Russia by members of the Trump camp, Spicer said that Donald Trump’s former campaign chair Paul Manafort had a “limited role” in the Trump’s actual campaign.
Wow - Spicer now describing Manafort as playing a "very limited role" for a "very limited" time. He was chairman of the campaign!!!— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) March 20, 2017
For those scoring at home with “facts,” Manafort joined the campaign in March 2016, and by April it was assumed he was running the show, wresting control away from Corey Lewandowski. Manafort then departed the campaign in late August, due to his ties to pro-Russian politicians in the Ukraine. That would mean that six out of the 17 months of the campaign, Manafort was running the campaign.
Naturally, Twitter ran with it.
Garlic has a #VeryLimitedRole in Italian food.— Scott Simon (@nprscottsimon) March 20, 2017
Coffee has a #VeryLimitedRole in the success of Starbucks.☕— Emily (@racerunnerEm) March 20, 2017
Steve Perry had #VeryLimitedRole in success of Journey!— Gail Toney (@gtsrambling) March 20, 2017
While we can’t say this will be the best meme Spicer ever gives us, we can say with certainty it was pretty good.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]