- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
A recent windstorm in Commerce City, Colorado, sent park goers scrambling for safety, while two porta-potties decided to use the opportunity to soar to freedom. In the now viral video, the portable toilets can be seen flying through the air and reaching heights undreamed of by most public restrooms.
Although at least one of the porta-potties seems to make it pretty high, it’s not breaking any portable toilet flight records. For that, you need jet propulsion, as can be seen in this porta-potty rocket launch from a few years ago.
The short clip of the wind-swept porta-potties is all over Twitter, but seems to have come from a longer video posted to Facebook on June 10 by a woman named Gabriel Flores. The full video shows people scrambling to protect their kids and a man yelling “Don’t move!” as he records all the action. Luckily there were no reports of anyone being injured.
Posted by Gabriel Flores on Sunday, June 10, 2018
For what it’s worth, Flores also posted this video of a dragon flying around, but as far as we can tell, the porta-potties are real.
Naturally, people are already making remixes of the video.
There’s a Wizard of Oz version.
It’s better with the Wizard of Oz music 👠🦁🐯🐻🌪🏡🧙🏻♀️ pic.twitter.com/KlIFiCAzbM— Erick Ramone 🥀 (@Whorenitos) June 14, 2018
A High School Musical version.
It gets so much better with Breaking Free from High School Musical pic.twitter.com/HjOOZdkgbJ— lyam (@lenakieranlvthr) June 14, 2018
And, of course, a Doctor Who version.
I had to do it pic.twitter.com/O0viyp4vES— Mark ×_× (@marc_loff) June 14, 2018
In the event of severe high winds, the Daily Dot recommends seeking shelter immediately in a basement or interior room and, if you have to poop, probably find someplace that’s anchored down.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.