- People on Twitter ask whose ancestors would’ve passed immigrant ‘wealth test’ Monday 6:54 PM
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash mocked in teen’s TikTok video Monday 6:38 PM
- Chiefs, Bears, Packers have Twitter accounts hacked Monday 3:48 PM
- Washington Post reporter suspended amid backlash over Kobe Bryant tweet Monday 3:08 PM
- America is united in hating Ken Starr’s impeachment hat Monday 3:01 PM
- In ‘Cuties,’ the contradictions of growing up come to a head Monday 1:55 PM
- Racist tweets blame fruit bat soup for coronavirus Monday 1:25 PM
- What is the #ILeftTheGOP movement? Monday 1:21 PM
- The Grammys were weird and sad—but the Billy Porter hat memes offered some levity Monday 12:36 PM
- Auschwitz Museum calls on Facebook to ban Holocaust denialism Monday 11:59 AM
- YouTuber who said his girlfriend was dead now says he faked it Monday 11:42 AM
- Review: Kentucky Route Zero is one of the most magical games ever made Monday 11:00 AM
- Backlash grows against Clearview as lawsuit looms Monday 10:58 AM
- Tyler the Creator calls out the Grammys for racism over ‘Rap Album’ win Monday 10:25 AM
- Democrats call on John Bolton to testify after book bombshell Monday 9:56 AM
Tamagotchis don’t do much, but they require a surprising amount of maintenance. You have to feed them and, more importantly, clean up their poop before they get sick and die.
Orlando Bloom does not clean up after his Tamagotchi.
Would you look at that?
That is one unhappy Tamagotchi. On a night dedicated to the x-ing of “manus” and “machina,” it looked safe to say that Bloom is one manus who does not highly regard his machina. Instead, he preferred to attend a swanky celebrity ball with tiny pixelated poo-poo on his breast. A political fashion statement, or simple laziness? What was going on inside the mind of actor Orlando Bloom, located inside Bloom’s fine-featured skull, perched just above Bloom’s be-shitted Tamagotchi? We may never know.
Pets are not accessories, Orlando Bloom! A well-cared-for Tamagotchi can live a productive life and provide decades of joy. One man kept his treasured pet alive for 20 years. You can’t even take yours out in public without letting it fall asleep in its own dookie.
For shame, Orlando Bloom. For shame.
H/T Select All
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.