- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him 4 Years Ago
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- Vidgo provides competitive streaming options in both English and Spanish Saturday 3:34 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
- How to watch ‘American Idol’ season 18 Saturday 2:00 PM
- James Blake defends girlfriend Jameela Jamil amid allegations she’s faking her illnesses Saturday 1:46 PM
- Viral video purports to show doctors with guns amid coronavirus outbreak Saturday 1:07 PM
- Russian YouTubers pretend to be Greta Thunberg, share alleged prank call with Bernie Sanders Saturday 11:07 AM
- TikTok teens are shaving off their eyebrows to ‘look like’ Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid Saturday 10:25 AM
- Wendy’s fires employees over viral TikTok sink bath Saturday 9:05 AM
- This dentist wants to know who left him a negative review online Friday 8:16 PM
- Rashida Tlaib detained during protests over airline work conditions Friday 6:51 PM
- A cafe was so fed up with influencers, it straight up banned them all Friday 6:21 PM
Usually nothing good comes from shoplifting, but at least this dude getting busted for it has brought us this priceless moment.
The video below, seemingly first posted to a Facebook page, shows a grocery store’s staff confronting an unidentified man wearing an Ohio State University football jersey. He tries objecting to the accusations for a bit and then, when the jig is up, admits his crime and pulls a rack of ribs from his elastic-waist sweatpants.
While that’s pretty damn ridiculous, the attempted heist was far more ambitious. The meat bandit reveals the rest of his bounty: two packs of meat (ground beef or steaks), another pack of mystery meat, another rack of ribs, and, finally, the last rack of ribs (that we know of, at least).
While you’ll probably roar with laughter just watching the man pull the meat out of his pants, it’s also damn hilarious listening to the videographer mutter “oh my god” while watching this scene go down and seeing the one grocery store employee trying to balance the tower of protein.
According to the man confronting the pork burglar, this is the wrongdoer’s third or fourth time trying to get away with a loot of meat. While we really feel for this guy in that he feels like he’s in a place where he needs to steal all these groceries, it’s pretty inexcusable behavior.
And this type of crime is apparently fairly common. A man from Chattanooga, Tennessee, was arrested for trying to shoplift 15 pounds of meat in March, and another criminal in Akron, Ohio, was caught on camera stuffing shrimp down his pants.
It’s unclear if those pants ribs will now be marked down.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.