- Inside the pornographic video game that took Kickstarter by storm 3 Years Ago
- Why everyone wants to debate AOC, and no one wants to debate Ilhan Omar 3 Years Ago
- How to watch the Trvl Channel online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Are we going to get a ‘Community’ movie on Netflix? Sunday 2:46 PM
- Social networking site Ravelry bans all posts that are supportive of Trump and his administration Sunday 2:07 PM
- YouTube is testing hiding its comments section Sunday 1:23 PM
- Think you have what it takes to be Beyoncé’s assistant for the day? Sunday 1:02 PM
- Facebook co-founder warns against Libra, the company’s new cryptocurrency Sunday 12:04 PM
- Missing YouTuber Etika’s belongings found alongside bridge Sunday 9:16 AM
- What is #sayfie and why do Floridians use it so much? Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch WWE Stomping Grounds for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Trump tweets nightmarish video of himself being president ‘4EVA’ Saturday 3:15 PM
- The internet cannot believe how this zoo conducts its ‘escaped lion drill’ Saturday 1:39 PM
- Spotify wants to take back money from ‘overpaid’ songwriters, publishers Saturday 12:35 PM
- Mac from ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’ finally got to play catch with Chase Utley Saturday 11:23 AM
Shoplifter busted with unbelievable stash of meat in his sweatpants
Usually nothing good comes from shoplifting, but at least this dude getting busted for it has brought us this priceless moment.
The video below, seemingly first posted to a Facebook page, shows a grocery store’s staff confronting an unidentified man wearing an Ohio State University football jersey. He tries objecting to the accusations for a bit and then, when the jig is up, admits his crime and pulls a rack of ribs from his elastic-waist sweatpants.
While that’s pretty damn ridiculous, the attempted heist was far more ambitious. The meat bandit reveals the rest of his bounty: two packs of meat (ground beef or steaks), another pack of mystery meat, another rack of ribs, and, finally, the last rack of ribs (that we know of, at least).
While you’ll probably roar with laughter just watching the man pull the meat out of his pants, it’s also damn hilarious listening to the videographer mutter “oh my god” while watching this scene go down and seeing the one grocery store employee trying to balance the tower of protein.
According to the man confronting the pork burglar, this is the wrongdoer’s third or fourth time trying to get away with a loot of meat. While we really feel for this guy in that he feels like he’s in a place where he needs to steal all these groceries, it’s pretty inexcusable behavior.
And this type of crime is apparently fairly common. A man from Chattanooga, Tennessee, was arrested for trying to shoplift 15 pounds of meat in March, and another criminal in Akron, Ohio, was caught on camera stuffing shrimp down his pants.
It’s unclear if those pants ribs will now be marked down.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.