- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist 4 Years Ago
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Saturday 6:00 AM
Lucifer2016.com has an absolutely hellish redirect
All thanks to John Boehner.
Have you heard? The devil’s running for president.
That’s what the current election looks like to former Speaker of the House John Boehner, who visited Stanford University on Wednesday evening. According to the Stanford Daily, this is what happened when Boehner was asked about his feelings on GOP presidential candidate Ted Cruz:
Boehner made a face, drawing laughter from the crowd.
“Lucifer in the flesh,” the former Speaker said. “I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.”
Thursday, everyone went pretty much bonkers over Boehner, who after all had not just likened Cruz to the devil but literally called him Lucifer in a human vessel. That almost overshadowed Lucifer’s, err I mean Cruz’s, announcement that Carly Fiorina will join his campaign as his choice for vice president.
And now, thanks to an unknown mischief-maker, visiting the URL Lucifer2016.com will redirect you to the Satanic duo’s campaign website. Makes sense, considering that a country with them two in charge sounds a lot like hell.
And you know what? Cruz doesn’t even deserve to be called the devil. Lucifer was an angel before falling from heaven. And Cruz is very unlikely to ever hold such high office.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.