- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Today 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Today 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Today 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
Kingdom Hearts III memes celebrate the game’s long-awaited release
This was 14 years in the making.
No more waiting, anticipating, and begging. After what seems like an eternity, Kingdom Hearts III is finally upon us.
#KingdomHearts III is here! ✨
It's all been leading up to this. The ultimate battle for Kingdom Hearts is upon us.
Get your copy now if you haven't already!
— KINGDOM HEARTS (@KINGDOMHEARTS) January 29, 2019
It’s been 14 years since Kingdom Hearts II debuted on PlayStation 2, and while there have been several spinoffs and related games released in that timeframe, fans have been clamoring for the conclusion to the main trilogy since, well, the second one ended. Sure, there were handheld iterations that helped to fill in the blanks for the series’ oft-confusing story, but those did little more than act as a Band-Aid to make the wait for the newest game feel somewhat less like an eternity.
Kingdom Hearts III is the final entry in the main trilogy, and follows Sora, Donald, and Goofy on their quest throughout various Disney worlds, such as Tangled’s Kingdom of Corona, Toy Story’s Toy Box, Monsters, Inc.’s Monstropolis. Why are they there in the first place, you ask? Oh, goodness us, we aren’t going to spoil any of that after you’ve been waiting so long to play.
As you can imagine, the elation, the excitement, and the memes are deep. Some folks are just happy they’ve finally got the game. Others are making us laugh so hard, we’re spitting out our sea salt ice cream.
— Jimmy Velasquez (@RedXZero) January 29, 2019
— BigChungusIII (@BigChungusIII) January 29, 2019
As I told people and friends, “ I won’t be excited about Kingdom Hearts lll until it’s physically in my hands.” Well guess what?! I’m excited!!! pic.twitter.com/qv2ZH2NRu3
— Snowblitz❄️ (@Snowblitz227) January 29, 2019
this is how i feel watching everyone talk about kingdom hearts and reading the spoilers but not understanding what any of it means pic.twitter.com/M8y687eNo5
— Emil (@Iunarhill) January 29, 2019
Me: Hey, let's be productive and get things done!
Also me: -addicted to Kingdom Hearts 3 and get's nothing done-
— Lee (@LeesLogbook) January 29, 2019
I totally didn't stay up until 6am playing Kingdom Hearts 3 pic.twitter.com/Wgrkre81kL
— LightDarkSoy (@Yin_Ying_Soy) January 29, 2019
Played Kingdom Hearts for 3 hours last night on the midnight release, and had to wake up at 5:30 this morning….
By some miracle, I’m not dead yet.
— Mike Gallagher (@MGally31) January 29, 2019
I played Kingdom Hearts 3 for 7 hours straight today
— Giovani Michael Soto (@Gionuel) January 29, 2019
Me on my way to GameStop to pick up kingdom hearts 3 pic.twitter.com/72jdx16MnE
— josh hüff (@huffleupaguss) January 29, 2019
Bruh. Kingdom Hearts 3 is finally here. After all this time. pic.twitter.com/VtoFz6JUmC
— Samoa Lo (@AirKalo) January 29, 2019
— Nanami Lynn (@Nanami_Lynn) January 29, 2019
Even Sonic the Hedgehog‘s social media team is congratulating the Kingdom Hearts team on the game’s huge launch. It’s big news, after all.
— Sonic the Hedgehog (@sonic_hedgehog) January 29, 2019
If you’re just now digging into Kingdom Hearts III today, or had a sleepless night from marathoning it, we salute you. Go out there and be the best keyblade-wielder you can be!
With both Kingdom Hearts III and Resident Evil 2’s remake out this early in the year, what a time to be alive for video game fans.
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.