- Major protests in Lebanon triggered by plan to tax WhatsApp calls 9 Months Ago
- Frank Ocean’s $60 HIV prevention drug-themed shirts called tone-deaf Today 12:49 PM
- ‘Joker’ stairs latest Instagram spot; locals joke about potential robberies Today 10:30 AM
- PewDiePie banned in China after reacting to Winnie the Pooh memes Today 8:46 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Eagles on Sunday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream Chargers vs. Titans in Week 7 Today 6:00 AM
- 13 spooky romance games for adults Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 9 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Bills vs. Dolphins in Week 7 Today 4:30 AM
- How to stream Jaguars vs. Bengals in Week 7 Today 4:00 AM
- How to stream Texans vs. Colts in Week 7 Today 3:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Liverpool Saturday 10:00 PM
- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
No more waiting, anticipating, and begging. After what seems like an eternity, Kingdom Hearts III is finally upon us.
#KingdomHearts III is here! ✨— KINGDOM HEARTS (@KINGDOMHEARTS) January 29, 2019
It's all been leading up to this. The ultimate battle for Kingdom Hearts is upon us.
Get your copy now if you haven't already!
PS4: https://t.co/gFvq0m4Exc pic.twitter.com/QzUBigwJd5
It’s been 14 years since Kingdom Hearts II debuted on PlayStation 2, and while there have been several spinoffs and related games released in that timeframe, fans have been clamoring for the conclusion to the main trilogy since, well, the second one ended. Sure, there were handheld iterations that helped to fill in the blanks for the series’ oft-confusing story, but those did little more than act as a Band-Aid to make the wait for the newest game feel somewhat less like an eternity.
Kingdom Hearts III is the final entry in the main trilogy, and follows Sora, Donald, and Goofy on their quest throughout various Disney worlds, such as Tangled’s Kingdom of Corona, Toy Story’s Toy Box, Monsters, Inc.’s Monstropolis. Why are they there in the first place, you ask? Oh, goodness us, we aren’t going to spoil any of that after you’ve been waiting so long to play.
As you can imagine, the elation, the excitement, and the memes are deep. Some folks are just happy they’ve finally got the game. Others are making us laugh so hard, we’re spitting out our sea salt ice cream.
As I told people and friends, “ I won’t be excited about Kingdom Hearts lll until it’s physically in my hands.” Well guess what?! I’m excited!!! pic.twitter.com/qv2ZH2NRu3— Snowblitz❄️ (@Snowblitz227) January 29, 2019
this is how i feel watching everyone talk about kingdom hearts and reading the spoilers but not understanding what any of it means pic.twitter.com/M8y687eNo5— Emil (@Iunarhill) January 29, 2019
Me: Hey, let's be productive and get things done!— Lee (@LeesLogbook) January 29, 2019
Also me: -addicted to Kingdom Hearts 3 and get's nothing done-
I totally didn't stay up until 6am playing Kingdom Hearts 3 pic.twitter.com/Wgrkre81kL— LightDarkSoy (@Yin_Ying_Soy) January 29, 2019
Played Kingdom Hearts for 3 hours last night on the midnight release, and had to wake up at 5:30 this morning....— Mike Gallagher (@MGally31) January 29, 2019
By some miracle, I’m not dead yet.
I played Kingdom Hearts 3 for 7 hours straight today— Giovani Michael Soto (@Gionuel) January 29, 2019
Me on my way to GameStop to pick up kingdom hearts 3 pic.twitter.com/72jdx16MnE— josh hüff (@huffleupaguss) January 29, 2019
Bruh. Kingdom Hearts 3 is finally here. After all this time. pic.twitter.com/VtoFz6JUmC— Samoa Lo (@AirKalo) January 29, 2019
Even Sonic the Hedgehog‘s social media team is congratulating the Kingdom Hearts team on the game’s huge launch. It’s big news, after all.
If you’re just now digging into Kingdom Hearts III today, or had a sleepless night from marathoning it, we salute you. Go out there and be the best keyblade-wielder you can be!
With both Kingdom Hearts III and Resident Evil 2’s remake out this early in the year, what a time to be alive for video game fans.
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.