- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
Pro-Trump troll Jack Posobiec gets roasted for serving Papa John’s at his wedding rehearsal
Not what you expect to see at a rehearsal dinner.
Right-wing Twitter personality Jack Posobiec sent out a tweet Saturday that elicited a big reaction. Specifically, a whole lot of derision, laughter, and mockery, as the Donald Trump booster revealed that he decided to serve Papa John’s pizza at the rehearsal dinner for his wedding, seemingly turning a major event for friends and family into just another attempt to troll the libs.
During the past week, Papa John’s pizza has become, as not-so-hot big brand pizza goes, fairly politicized. That’s thanks to its CEO, John Schnatter, who blamed his company’s suffering earnings on the anti-police brutality protests sweeping throughout the NFL. Subsequently, vehement Trump supporters and white nationalists have rallied behind the embattled pizza brand, with one prominent neo-Nazi website dubbing it a contender for the “official pizza of the alt-right.”
That’s the context for what Posobiec was hoping to achieve with the Papa John’s stunt, and in the day that’s followed, he’s been tweeting regularly about having successfully “triggered” the progressive left. A great deal of the replies to his tweet aren’t shocked, horrified, or agitated, however, so much as guffawing that he’d torpedoed his own rehearsal dinner.
tfw you really wanna have diarrhea on your wedding day to own the libs https://t.co/Crr6CUjVje
— Parker Molloy (@ParkerMolloy) November 4, 2017
I have a weird sense of satisfaction that my rehearsal dinner was not Papa John’s and Jack Posobiec’s is.
— Matthew Chapman (@fawfulfan) November 5, 2017
Non-political Posobiec family member: so what’s for the rehearsal dinner?
Jack: Papa Johns…to own the libs lol
Non-political Posobiec: oh…cool…no, that sounds…fun, really https://t.co/g9iLWaLtH4
— Andrew Lawrence (@ndrew_lawrence) November 4, 2017
I feel super pwned when alt-right folks eat terrible pizza. You win this round, Posobiec!
— Viscountess Sharilyn (@sharilyn) November 5, 2017
This is the most hateful thing I have ever seen. Poisoning a wedding party the night before the nuptials?
— Teenage Phlebotomy (@lumpyprole) November 4, 2017
You're having pizza at your rehearsal dinner? pic.twitter.com/aadui37Rhm
— Joe Cool (@joecacola) November 4, 2017
Owning the libs by having shitty pizza at your rehearsal dinner.
— Cam the Cat (@Claude__Cat) November 5, 2017
Political cartoonist Matt Bors also joined in on the fun, re-posting one of his works that’s pretty much the definitive take on this brand of “own the left by doing something really self-defeating” trolling.
— Matt Bors (@MattBors) November 5, 2017
Posobiec has been involved in several attention-grabbing publicity stunts dating back to the 2016 presidential campaign, perhaps most notably his reported involvement in planting a “RAPE MELANIA” sign at a left-wing protest and his interruption of a Shakespeare in the Park production of Julius Caesar during the summer. Despite this history, however, he’s clearly a welcome face at the White House, having reportedly obtained a press pass earlier this year.
Chris Tognotti is a frequent contributor for the Daily Dot. He’s a news and current events writer based out of Berkeley, California, and a co-host of the podcast Now We Know. While he specializes in domestic politics and opinion writing, he’s also savvy on sports, video games, and film.