- Discord allegedly used to lure teenager boy to Florida trailer housing sex slave Tuesday 7:36 PM
- Millie Bobby Brown has the wrong take on ‘You’ Tuesday 6:42 PM
- Why is Tony Stark missing from the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer? Tuesday 6:00 PM
- The creepy texts this woman received are eerily similar to Netflix’s ‘You’ Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Roku defends decision to host InfoWars amid online backlash (updated) Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Pump yourself up for ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 with this masterfully edited hype video Tuesday 2:35 PM
- NBC asked reporters not to call Steve King’s comments ‘racist’ Tuesday 2:21 PM
- Disney files copyright claim on YouTuber’s Darth Vader film—and the creator is devastated Tuesday 2:18 PM
- The ’10 Year Challenge’ isn’t as fun for trans people Tuesday 1:25 PM
- New Nike shoes can be controlled from your smartphone Tuesday 1:06 PM
- Cardi B. jumps on 10-year challenge with high school performance of Lady Gaga song Tuesday 12:28 PM
- Parents, teachers cry foul over Verizon fee hike for popular education app Tuesday 11:57 AM
- Conservative men are kicking and screaming about Gillette’s new toxic masculinity ad Tuesday 11:23 AM
- Mysterio is hot now in the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer Tuesday 10:53 AM
- Netflix hikes prices on all subscription plans Tuesday 10:48 AM
Pro-Trump troll Jack Posobiec gets roasted for serving Papa John’s at his wedding rehearsal
Not what you expect to see at a rehearsal dinner.
Right-wing Twitter personality Jack Posobiec sent out a tweet Saturday that elicited a big reaction. Specifically, a whole lot of derision, laughter, and mockery, as the Donald Trump booster revealed that he decided to serve Papa John’s pizza at the rehearsal dinner for his wedding, seemingly turning a major event for friends and family into just another attempt to troll the libs.
During the past week, Papa John’s pizza has become, as not-so-hot big brand pizza goes, fairly politicized. That’s thanks to its CEO, John Schnatter, who blamed his company’s suffering earnings on the anti-police brutality protests sweeping throughout the NFL. Subsequently, vehement Trump supporters and white nationalists have rallied behind the embattled pizza brand, with one prominent neo-Nazi website dubbing it a contender for the “official pizza of the alt-right.”
That’s the context for what Posobiec was hoping to achieve with the Papa John’s stunt, and in the day that’s followed, he’s been tweeting regularly about having successfully “triggered” the progressive left. A great deal of the replies to his tweet aren’t shocked, horrified, or agitated, however, so much as guffawing that he’d torpedoed his own rehearsal dinner.
tfw you really wanna have diarrhea on your wedding day to own the libs https://t.co/Crr6CUjVje
— Parker Molloy (@ParkerMolloy) November 4, 2017
I have a weird sense of satisfaction that my rehearsal dinner was not Papa John’s and Jack Posobiec’s is.
— Matthew Chapman (@fawfulfan) November 5, 2017
Non-political Posobiec family member: so what’s for the rehearsal dinner?
Jack: Papa Johns…to own the libs lol
Non-political Posobiec: oh…cool…no, that sounds…fun, really https://t.co/g9iLWaLtH4
— Andrew Lawrence (@ndrew_lawrence) November 4, 2017
I feel super pwned when alt-right folks eat terrible pizza. You win this round, Posobiec!
— Viscountess Sharilyn (@sharilyn) November 5, 2017
This is the most hateful thing I have ever seen. Poisoning a wedding party the night before the nuptials?
— Teenage Phlebotomy (@lumpyprole) November 4, 2017
You're having pizza at your rehearsal dinner? pic.twitter.com/aadui37Rhm
— Joe Cool (@joecacola) November 4, 2017
Owning the libs by having shitty pizza at your rehearsal dinner.
— Cam the Cat (@Claude__Cat) November 5, 2017
Political cartoonist Matt Bors also joined in on the fun, re-posting one of his works that’s pretty much the definitive take on this brand of “own the left by doing something really self-defeating” trolling.
— Matt Bors (@MattBors) November 5, 2017
Posobiec has been involved in several attention-grabbing publicity stunts dating back to the 2016 presidential campaign, perhaps most notably his reported involvement in planting a “RAPE MELANIA” sign at a left-wing protest and his interruption of a Shakespeare in the Park production of Julius Caesar during the summer. Despite this history, however, he’s clearly a welcome face at the White House, having reportedly obtained a press pass earlier this year.
Chris Tognotti is a frequent contributor for the Daily Dot. He’s a news and current events writer based out of Berkeley, California, and a co-host of the podcast Now We Know. While he specializes in domestic politics and opinion writing, he’s also savvy on sports, video games, and film.