- Netflix’s ‘Music Teacher’ is another lifeless melodrama about an emotionally illiterate man 2 Months Ago
- 3 things we saw at the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ premiere Today 6:30 AM
- How to use Google Home Hub as a digital photo frame Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Netflix on Apple devices without AirPlay support Today 5:00 AM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate player’s trans flag removed for being ‘political’ Monday 7:37 PM
- Does Donald Trump Jr. know what American soldiers do? Monday 7:17 PM
- Sophie Turner has a hot take on Arya’s ‘Game of Thrones’ sex scene Monday 6:50 PM
- Parked Tesla Model S bursts into flames in shocking video Monday 3:12 PM
- Fortnite is getting an Avengers Endgame event Monday 2:44 PM
- The living are facing the end of the world in the latest ‘Game of Thrones’ Monday 2:37 PM
- The best Korean beauty toners for your skincare routine Monday 2:33 PM
- Warren’s plan to cancel student debt stimulates the bad-take economy Monday 2:27 PM
- Video shows Easter Bunny punching man on sidewalk Monday 2:09 PM
- The 7 best lubes for when you wanna do butt stuff Monday 2:00 PM
- 11 best sex toys under $35 to blow your mind Monday 1:30 PM
How Ridiculous tries to destroy a heavy safe with a giant dart from 150 feet up
If you want to break into somebody’s safe, sometimes the best course of action is to drop something heavy on it to see if it’ll break. That’s what the YouTube channel How Ridiculous tried to prove in its latest video.
The Australian YouTubers’ heavy object of choice? A heavy dart dropped from the top of a 150-foot tower. The result? Destruction for both the safes and the giant dart (not to mention a sneaker).
How Ridiculous—which has utilized a heavy dart in the past to destroy a number of hale bays, a dishwasher, and oobleck (which is a combination of water and cornstarch that produces a goopy-like substance that can act as a liquid or a solid)—set up three safes to determine the kind of damage the dart could manage from the 45-meter tower.
For some reason, the How Ridiculous guys also put their shoes in harm’s way to see if the dart could pierce the safe and their footwear at the same time. (Hint: The dart could do exactly that.) In the final experiment, the YouTubers put their phones inside a safe that apparently weighs close to 500 pounds and was made of metal.
“We have that much confidence that [the dart is] not going through,” one said.
Was How Ridiculous right? Click the video to find out the answer.
- Full movies on YouTube: How to find old movies to watch
- How to download your favorite YouTube videos
- YouTube Premium is essential for YouTube fans
- These ridiculous YouTubers risk life and limb to catch basketballs off a 540-foot dam
- Watch how high a bowling ball bounces when it’s dropped off a 540-foot dam
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.