The How Ridiculous YouTube channel has already shown us what will happen if it tries to bounce a bowling ball off a trampoline from 540 feet in the air. Now, the Australian YouTube stars are trying to catch basketballs at the bottom of that same enormous dam.
In a video titled “CATCHING BASKETBALLS at TERMINAL VELOCITY from 165m Dam!” the trio drop sports balls off the top of the Swiss structure. Then, one-tenth of a mile down, they try to catch them all—an Australian rules football, a foam Nerf football, and a basketball.
Not only do they have to contend with a ball that could potentially damage their hands, arms, face, and skull, but a herd of sheep at the bottom of the dam also could provide a distraction to the person who’s trying to make the catch.
Sure, it seems nearly impossible to be successful—or even to put yourself in position to make a catch, once you account for the element of wind, the speed, the open space around you, the sheer mentality of catching an object you know will probably hurt you, and the fact you have to determine if you’re staring at the ball or the drone they’re using to take overhead footage. But a few adjustments are made to give themselves better odds.
Here’s how it went.
Turns out that the How Ridiculous YouTubers are probably better (and more courageous) catchers than just about everybody you know.
- Watch how high a bowling ball bounces when it’s dropped off a 540-foot dam
- These ridiculous YouTubers dropped a 60-pound ice block onto a trampoline from 150 feet up
- This ridiculous stunt features a bowling ball, a trampoline, and 150 feet of gravity
- Full movies on YouTube: How to find old movies to watch
- YouTube Premium is essential for YouTube fans