- How to stream Cowboys vs. Eagles on Sunday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream Chargers vs. Titans in Week 7 Today 6:00 AM
- 13 spooky romance games for adults Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 9 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Bills vs. Dolphins in Week 7 Today 4:30 AM
- How to stream Jaguars vs. Bengals in Week 7 Today 4:00 AM
- How to stream Texans vs. Colts in Week 7 Today 3:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Liverpool Saturday 10:00 PM
- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Ravens in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- Are TikTok teens throwing up gang signs in their videos? Saturday 2:45 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters believe ‘deep state’ tried to sabotage rally Saturday 12:51 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Redskins in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
During it, he talked about the flow of illegal drugs into the country and made the bold proclamation that “drugs are becoming cheaper than candy bars”
Candy bars are one of the cheapest sources of junk food, costing about a buck or so.
Drugs do not cost a dollar, and Twitter was quick to point out that the president came across as an out-of-touch billionaire offering a nickel for a shoe shine.
For the love of God someone tell me where I can get some high-grade kush for the price of a Snickers bar.
— TOMÁS RÍOS (@TheTomasRios) February 16, 2017
If you have these cheap candy bar drugs, please, please @ me
— Mike Hayes (@michaelhayes) February 16, 2017
Where the candy bar priced drugs at
— Vidkun Quiznos (@inthesedeserts) February 16, 2017
DT – “Drugs are cheaper than candy bars”
Aide whispers to DT – “That’s the name of the candy bar. It’s not the price.” pic.twitter.com/TbH20ICIRt
— Pete (@stpete2you) February 16, 2017
But seriously, in what world are drugs cheaper than candy bars? Does Trump know how much a candy bar costs? THIS is the man of the people?
— Dan Jensen (@dansjensen) February 16, 2017
If drugs were as cheap as a candy bar, there wouldn’t be much money to be made selling drugs.
He doesn’t even understand first day of econ
— Dana Houle (@DanaHoule) February 16, 2017
He said the price of drugs is cheaper than a candy bar….who is his plug?!?
— Curve Gotti (@sexxielexxie) February 16, 2017
For real, though. I know there are tons of perks to being president, but is this one of them? Someone let me know because I will definitely start getting more involved in politics if that’s the case.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]