- The new Samsung Galaxy Fold already seems to be falling apart Today 4:17 PM
- Think the ‘Game of Thrones’ spirals are all connected? Think again Today 3:13 PM
- Rudy Giuliani retweets prominent QAnon supporter Today 2:03 PM
- India bans TikTok over concerns of child endangerment Today 2:00 PM
- JJ Abrams says there’s more to Rey’s origin story Today 1:16 PM
- Lisa Ann says Equinox trainer looked up her number and sent her a creepy text Today 1:01 PM
- 8 essentials every grad needs to succeed as an adult Today 1:00 PM
- Makeup artist shows you how to become Kylie Jenner’s baby Today 12:54 PM
- People are more concerned with this woman’s age than her being a school shooting threat Today 12:14 PM
- Why are conservatives so obsessed with cargo shorts? Today 11:46 AM
- How to transfer your Nintendo Switch save data Today 11:45 AM
- Trans military ban causes student to lose ROTC scholarship Today 11:04 AM
- Yes, 15-year-old Danielle Cohn pretended to get married for YouTube views Today 10:46 AM
- ‘What about Flint, Puerto Rico, Black churches,’ people ask after Trump pledges aid to France Today 10:36 AM
- The best graduation gift ideas for any budget Today 10:00 AM
Trump declares drugs are cheaper than the candy bars—and the internet rejoices
‘Where can I get drugs cheaper than a candy bar? Asking for a friend.’
During it, he talked about the flow of illegal drugs into the country and made the bold proclamation that “drugs are becoming cheaper than candy bars”
Candy bars are one of the cheapest sources of junk food, costing about a buck or so.
Drugs do not cost a dollar, and Twitter was quick to point out that the president came across as an out-of-touch billionaire offering a nickel for a shoe shine.
For the love of God someone tell me where I can get some high-grade kush for the price of a Snickers bar.
— TOMÁS RÍOS (@TheTomasRios) February 16, 2017
If you have these cheap candy bar drugs, please, please @ me
— Mike Hayes (@michaelhayes) February 16, 2017
Where the candy bar priced drugs at
— Vidkun Quiznos (@inthesedeserts) February 16, 2017
DT – “Drugs are cheaper than candy bars”
Aide whispers to DT – “That’s the name of the candy bar. It’s not the price.” pic.twitter.com/TbH20ICIRt
— Pete (@stpete2you) February 16, 2017
But seriously, in what world are drugs cheaper than candy bars? Does Trump know how much a candy bar costs? THIS is the man of the people?
— Dan Jensen (@dansjensen) February 16, 2017
If drugs were as cheap as a candy bar, there wouldn’t be much money to be made selling drugs.
He doesn’t even understand first day of econ
— Dana Houle (@DanaHoule) February 16, 2017
He said the price of drugs is cheaper than a candy bar….who is his plug?!?
— Curve Gotti (@sexxielexxie) February 16, 2017
For real, though. I know there are tons of perks to being president, but is this one of them? Someone let me know because I will definitely start getting more involved in politics if that’s the case.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]