- Reddit just banned the NBA Streams subreddit 2 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Drunk History’ for free 2 Years Ago
- Netflix’s ‘Unit 42’ soars on the chemistry of its unlikely lead partners Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Good Trouble’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- It’s time for Pete Buttigieg to claim his status as Short King Today 6:30 AM
- The best foreign-language TV shows on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- Hasan Minhaj explains why your internet sucks in ‘Patriot Act’ episode, puts it on DVD Monday 8:41 PM
- Hackers got control of Dylan Sprouse’s Twitter account, posted offensive content Monday 7:38 PM
- Twitch is suing the trolls who flooded the platform with porn and Christchurch shooting footage Monday 6:55 PM
- Cat filter turns Pakistani politicians’ press conference into frisky business Monday 6:12 PM
- Couple calls for boycott of dog walker app Wag! after their dog was abducted Monday 5:07 PM
- Trump gets banned from SeekingArrangement because he’s not a ‘real sugar daddy’ Monday 4:17 PM
- InfoWars accidentally sent child porn to lawyers representing Sandy Hook parents Monday 4:12 PM
- Sticker warns men changing diapers about ‘feminization of the American male’ Monday 4:10 PM
- The genius way Genius caught Google allegedly stealing lyrics Monday 3:03 PM
Trump declares drugs are cheaper than the candy bars—and the internet rejoices
‘Where can I get drugs cheaper than a candy bar? Asking for a friend.’
During it, he talked about the flow of illegal drugs into the country and made the bold proclamation that “drugs are becoming cheaper than candy bars”
Candy bars are one of the cheapest sources of junk food, costing about a buck or so.
Drugs do not cost a dollar, and Twitter was quick to point out that the president came across as an out-of-touch billionaire offering a nickel for a shoe shine.
For the love of God someone tell me where I can get some high-grade kush for the price of a Snickers bar.
— TOMÁS RÍOS (@TheTomasRios) February 16, 2017
If you have these cheap candy bar drugs, please, please @ me
— Mike Hayes (@michaelhayes) February 16, 2017
Where the candy bar priced drugs at
— Vidkun Quiznos (@inthesedeserts) February 16, 2017
DT – “Drugs are cheaper than candy bars”
Aide whispers to DT – “That’s the name of the candy bar. It’s not the price.” pic.twitter.com/TbH20ICIRt
— Pete (@stpete2you) February 16, 2017
But seriously, in what world are drugs cheaper than candy bars? Does Trump know how much a candy bar costs? THIS is the man of the people?
— Dan Jensen (@dansjensen) February 16, 2017
If drugs were as cheap as a candy bar, there wouldn’t be much money to be made selling drugs.
He doesn’t even understand first day of econ
— Dana Houle (@DanaHoule) February 16, 2017
He said the price of drugs is cheaper than a candy bar….who is his plug?!?
— Curve Gotti (@sexxielexxie) February 16, 2017
For real, though. I know there are tons of perks to being president, but is this one of them? Someone let me know because I will definitely start getting more involved in politics if that’s the case.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]