- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Friday 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Friday 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Friday 9:57 AM
‘Damn, Daniel’ is the teen fashion meme that will save the planet
At it again.
Here’s something for you to ponder: Why this video of a kid named Josh breathlessly complimenting his friend Daniel’s clothes day after day is so damn funny. Go ahead—watch it a few dozen times. You’ll want to.
You’re not alone, either. Teens just can’t get enough of Daniel.
Could it be that in an era defined by casual Internet cruelty, we were waiting all along for this pure expression of positivity and love? Yeah, duh. And our minds are completely blown. Rejoice, you cynics.
Is your name Daniel because damn
— Catherine (@Cat_loera7) February 18, 2016
If you don’t know damn Daniel get out my face
— F (@zaddyflow) February 18, 2016
And honestly, who couldn’t use this kind of hype in their life?
Damn, Daniel—you’re doing everything right.
Update 2:48pm CT, Feb. 25: Ellen DeGeneres had Josh and Daniel on her show, gifting them a surfboard and a lifetime supply of Vans, respectively. This is their world now—we just live in it.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'