- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
‘Damn, Daniel’ is the teen fashion meme that will save the planet
At it again.
Here’s something for you to ponder: Why this video of a kid named Josh breathlessly complimenting his friend Daniel’s clothes day after day is so damn funny. Go ahead—watch it a few dozen times. You’ll want to.
You’re not alone, either. Teens just can’t get enough of Daniel.
Could it be that in an era defined by casual Internet cruelty, we were waiting all along for this pure expression of positivity and love? Yeah, duh. And our minds are completely blown. Rejoice, you cynics.
Is your name Daniel because damn
— Catherine (@Cat_loera7) February 18, 2016
If you don’t know damn Daniel get out my face
— F (@zaddyflow) February 18, 2016
And honestly, who couldn’t use this kind of hype in their life?
Damn, Daniel—you’re doing everything right.
Update 2:48pm CT, Feb. 25: Ellen DeGeneres had Josh and Daniel on her show, gifting them a surfboard and a lifetime supply of Vans, respectively. This is their world now—we just live in it.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'