- People are demanding the man who filmed the killing of Eric Garner be freed with #FreeRamsey Monday 7:36 PM
- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot Monday 6:11 PM
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos Monday 5:41 PM
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Monday 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Monday 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Monday 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Monday 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Monday 3:45 PM
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation Monday 3:41 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings Monday 3:19 PM
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Monday 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Monday 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Monday 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Monday 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Monday 1:24 PM
The “wrong answers only” meme has struck again!
This familiar meme has been around for ages, but every variation on it provides a fresh laugh. And while there always seems to be at least a few options circulating on social media at any given time, every so often, one really makes a splash.
So today, let’s turn our attention to this incredibly open to interpretation screengrab from Alien: Resurrection.
Name the film, wrong answers only. pic.twitter.com/Ycu6JIUnw1— Theo (@tprstly) June 25, 2019
It’s better to go into a meme like this one knowing as little as possible about the real scene, so if you’re a rare human who hasn’t experienced the Alien franchise, we won’t spoil it for you here. (But maybe go watch them all immediately after reading this. For your own good.)
Instead, here are some of the most hilarious titles Sigourney Weaver and her little alien could be acting out.
Earth Girls are Easy.— Stacie Dusetzina (@DusetzinaS) June 25, 2019
the notebook— Sarah Beattie (@nachosarah) June 25, 2019
Fatal Attraction— Andy Antoniou (@FurryTailDragon) June 25, 2019
Zack and Miri Make A Porno— Christine Estima (@christineestima) June 25, 2019
Twilight: Breaking Dawn https://t.co/LEY3uIK4qu— Erica Mendez (@tsunderica) June 26, 2019
The opportunity to shift perspective on Alien: Resurrection and, more likely, make amazingly horrifying jokes even drew celebrities into the game.
When Harry met Sally https://t.co/0M9gdkPAQ2— Yael Grobglas (@yaelgrobglas) June 26, 2019
Face/Off— chris o'dowd (@BigBoyler) June 25, 2019
Long Shot. https://t.co/WhEmJ2N1ju— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) June 26, 2019
Marley and Me.— confirm: 0-0-0... DESTRUCT... 0 (@CoreyTaylorRock) June 26, 2019
Mommy Dearest https://t.co/fygh1b5dOd— Colin Hanks (@ColinHanks) June 26, 2019
From rom-coms to thrillers to, somehow, family-friendly fun, there are no wrong answers here. Erm, or there are no right answers here. All wrong answers are right answers.
And some answers, wrong or right or whatever you want to call them, ended up being creepier than others…
Any movie where woody Allen has cast himself as the lead who gets the beautiful girl https://t.co/CsKE08e6sl— Ciara McShane (@Ciara87C) June 26, 2019
The accuracy, though.
And once you’ve sufficiently filled your brain with genre-bending opportunities for bizarre nightmares to fill the remainder of your nights, don’t worry, there are still plenty of other takes on this meme to go spend your hours combing through.
The Smurfs— Kevin M. Kruse (@KevinMKruse) June 25, 2019
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.