- The best new movies on Showtime 6 Months Ago
- ‘Aquaman 2’ is already in the works—and it’s going to huge 6 Months Ago
- The comics guide to ‘The Umbrella Academy’ Today 5:00 AM
- Lightsaber dueling is now an official sport Monday 9:39 PM
- ‘Fake plane challenge’ takes off on TikTok Monday 8:15 PM
- Video meme of a mom dancing with her kids goes viral—again Monday 7:26 PM
- ‘Due to personal reasons’ meme enables questionable behavior Monday 3:36 PM
- Why do white rappers write lyrics about being good hypothetical dads? Monday 3:29 PM
- Roger Stone posts, then deletes, Instagram of his judge with small crosshairs next to her Monday 2:32 PM
- People are Googling Rihanna and their birthday in a Twitter challenge Monday 2:13 PM
- Here are all of the Fortnite earthquake cracks thus far Monday 1:21 PM
- New Apex Legends characters leaked by data miners Monday 12:36 PM
- Ken Jeong falls back on crude humor and lazy stereotypes in ‘You Complete Me, Ho’ Monday 12:24 PM
- 14 artsy cartoon mugs that’ll help make your days more creative Monday 12:15 PM
- Netflix cancels ‘Jessica Jones’ and ‘The Punisher’ Monday 11:26 AM
For many of its players, the allure and charm of Pokémon Go wore off soon after its initial release, but others are even more invested as time goes on with one Taiwanese man using as many as 11 smartphones to play the game on his own.
Chen San-yuan, a 70-year-old feng shui master, has a rig set up where he can plug in nine smartphones at once and latch it onto a bike. Each smartphone is attached to a portable charger, some of which hold charges up to 20 hours. He’s gone viral in recent months as passersby spotted him playing Pokémon Go, something he wasn’t aware of until others told him about it. (He got into Pokémon Go after his grandson introduced him to the game.)
He explained his methods to EXP.GG, noting that while he has nine phones currently set up, he was playing Pokémon Go on 12 smartphones; he doesn’t add phones to his bicycle until his player is at least on level 30. But that sort of commitment doesn’t come cheap. Chen says he spends “about ten thousand per month,” but the Daily Mail puts his current spending at £1,165 a month.
A more recent video shows Chen with 11 smartphones attached with plans to increase that number to 15 smartphones.
“I can connect with people, prevent Alzheimer’s disease,” Chen said in response to why he liked playing Pokémon Go so much.
H/T Daily Mail
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.