- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return 12 Months Ago
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show 12 Months Ago
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur 12 Months Ago
- Cop under investigation after implying Ocasio-Cortez should be shot 12 Months Ago
- The ‘Big Little Lies’ finale sucked—but at least we have Renata Today 11:01 AM
- Wendy Davis announces she’s running for Congress Today 10:45 AM
- Please stop being horny on main for #IceBae and other horrible people Today 10:02 AM
- Illinois Republicans share ‘jihad squad’ meme of 4 Dem congresswomen Today 9:05 AM
- How a deepfake gets made Today 8:25 AM
- How to watch ‘Veronica Mars’ season 4 online Today 8:21 AM
- The MCU’s Phase 4 is all about Marvel getting weird Today 7:07 AM
- How alt porn site SuicideGirls gets women to pose naked for free Today 7:00 AM
- Why did the GOP launch a website hyping socialist candidates? Today 6:30 AM
- The macrophilia and size-change fetish communities are made possible through the magic of the internet Today 6:00 AM
- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
For many of its players, the allure and charm of Pokémon Go wore off soon after its initial release, but others are even more invested as time goes on with one Taiwanese man using as many as 11 smartphones to play the game on his own.
Chen San-yuan, a 70-year-old feng shui master, has a rig set up where he can plug in nine smartphones at once and latch it onto a bike. Each smartphone is attached to a portable charger, some of which hold charges up to 20 hours. He’s gone viral in recent months as passersby spotted him playing Pokémon Go, something he wasn’t aware of until others told him about it. (He got into Pokémon Go after his grandson introduced him to the game.)
He explained his methods to EXP.GG, noting that while he has nine phones currently set up, he was playing Pokémon Go on 12 smartphones; he doesn’t add phones to his bicycle until his player is at least on level 30. But that sort of commitment doesn’t come cheap. Chen says he spends “about ten thousand per month,” but the Daily Mail puts his current spending at £1,165 a month.
A more recent video shows Chen with 11 smartphones attached with plans to increase that number to 15 smartphones.
“I can connect with people, prevent Alzheimer’s disease,” Chen said in response to why he liked playing Pokémon Go so much.
H/T Daily Mail
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.