- Man cuts his books in half to make them ‘portable,’ spurs online debate Tuesday 6:09 PM
- Fans defend Lana Del Rey after she was mocked for flying commercial Tuesday 5:10 PM
- Lady Gaga fans find alleged new song name in her website’s code Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Barstool Sports deletes anti-union tweets, blog post in settlement Tuesday 3:47 PM
- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Joe Rogan says he’s voting for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Woman spots mole in man’s TikTok video, saves him from cancer Tuesday 2:17 PM
- ‘You’ star confirms his character is queer and ‘never will be’ straight Tuesday 1:08 PM
- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast Tuesday 12:17 PM
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Tuesday 10:57 AM
- Glenn Greenwald charged with cybercrimes in Brazil Tuesday 10:48 AM
- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money Tuesday 10:06 AM
- White rapper punched in the face for saying the N-word during battle Tuesday 9:21 AM
- Hillary Clinton blasts Bernie Sanders, says ‘nobody likes him’ Tuesday 8:57 AM
- Someone found Harry Styles’ doppelganger—and TikTok is obsessed Tuesday 8:08 AM
It doesn’t take much for gamers to get excited about a new Overwatch character. It takes even less for them to immediately notice if something is off about them. Sigma, the new Overwatch hero, has some folks on the internet in an uproar over his very naked feet.
Sigma is a recent member of Talon, the shadowy league of villains that often clashes with Overwatch. He’s also a scientist who messed around with black holes and gravity, and that, unfortunately, resulted in “severe psychological damage” but also gave him the ability to control gravity around him.
Sigma wears a pretty hefty set of greenish armor. He also seems to levitate wherever he goes, and that’s probably why he opts out of wearing any sort of shoes or socks.
please tell me there's a lore reason why sigma is not wearing shoes pic.twitter.com/LJrL5zmQlz— Nicole Carpenter (@sweetpotatoes) July 23, 2019
You know us at the Daily Dot. We’re super supportive of almost any kink imaginable, including a good foot fetish. Sigma’s feet, however, have people revealing their complicated feelings on toes.
I CANNOT UNSEE THE FEET!— Stylosa (@Stylosa) July 23, 2019
sigma is apparently taller than reinhardt. imagine seeing this bald mans hulking eight foot silhouette in the door frame. he starts to come at you and the only sound is his feet’s SHLAP SHLAP SHLAP SHLAP SHLAP SHLAP SHLAP SHLAP SHLAP SHLAP SHLAP SHLAP SHLAP SHLAP SHLAP SHLAP SHL— 2008 hot topic goth // 24 (@revalisbf) July 23, 2019
Even Overwatch director Jeff Kaplan can’t help but point out Sigma’s feet.
Sigma has no shoes pic.twitter.com/0yiImGdDga— Swimmer (@SwimmerOW) July 23, 2019
Some folks are commenting on Blizzard’s unique streak of horniness with Overwatch characters.
Blizz progressively amping up the foot fetish in game lmfao— Kai₁₄.₇ (@_kai_ow) July 23, 2019
Sombra's shoes with toes -> Dva's summer skin with bare feet -> Sigma who has bare feet by default
sigma floatin out with his feet out: hello— 🐺⚔️hidy💙🦁 (@mchnzo) July 23, 2019
gabe knowing full well this is olivia "sombra feetshoes" colomar's doing: pic.twitter.com/qNFCt80P53
Of course, one has to wonder what other characters in the Overwatch universe think of Sigma’s feet.
sigma walking around talon hq with his feet out:— tabs❣️ (@wraithforms) July 23, 2019
the rest of talon: pic.twitter.com/7w9LdY7ikw
sigma looks cool pic.twitter.com/oorINbGjv3— rachel (@TheLyonTV) July 23, 2019
Actually, it’s because Sigma breathes through his feet, and therefore he cannot wear shoes,— Hannah Dwan, corporate fae (@Hoeyboey) July 23, 2019
if you can't do headshot damage to sigmas feet im gonna throw— ✿ nina freeman ✿ (@hentaiphd) July 23, 2019
THERE. I fixed Sigma's feet. You're welcome. pic.twitter.com/HSfYOBMrsn— Jenevieve Frank (@JenApparently) July 23, 2019
Of course, Overwatch is a bastion of sexual exploration thanks to its fan community. For example, the healslut movement is making room for queer, kinky self-discovery and Overwatch’s queer player community is speaking out against the “scraps” they’re fed when it comes to LGBTQ representation through characters like Soldier 76 or Tracer.
- Healsluts are challenging gaming to make room for queer, kinky self-discovery
- Overwatch’s queer fans praise Soldier: 76’s coming out—but they want more than just ‘scraps’
- Everything you could ever want to know about foot fetishes
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.