- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban 3 Years Ago
- Twitch-famous bounty hunter kicks down target’s door in wildly popular live stream 3 Years Ago
- New GOP bill would audit major tech companies for bias 3 Years Ago
- Instagram artist accused of faking her paintings says they’re ‘100%’ real 3 Years Ago
- Trump refuses to apologize for Central Park Five death penalty ads Today 11:08 AM
- While Rubio smiles at Trump’s campaign rally, the internet drags him Today 11:04 AM
- Dr Disrespect is still banned from Twitch. When will he be back? Today 10:36 AM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ is returning to theaters with new material Today 10:18 AM
- House fails to pass amendment curbing government surveillance Today 10:12 AM
- What happened when Ed Krassenstein crashed the Chapo Trap House subreddit Today 9:21 AM
- Andrew Yang comes out as pro-Bird Scooters Today 8:59 AM
- Netflix claims Adam Sandler’s ‘Murder Mystery’ broke viewing records Today 8:09 AM
- How to watch ‘Yellowstone’ online for free Today 8:00 AM
- How online allies joined a trans artist’s street art war Today 7:30 AM
- These edited videos show the dark side of your favorite cartoons Today 7:00 AM
Nintendo announces Poochy and Zelda Amiibo, new games, and more
Nintendo 3DS owners will be very happy with Nintendo’s new announcements.
Nintendo announced more than a dozen new 3DS games and some exciting additions to the Amiibo family during a Nintendo Direct press conference Thursday.
Amiibo collectors can look forward to a yarn Poochy in February to accompany the launch of Poochy & Yoshi’s Wooly World. Four new Legend of Zelda Amiibo are also coming for the holidays, including one based on the original Link sprite from The Legend of Zelda on the Nintendo Entertainment System.
Along with the new Amiibo, Nintendo announced over a dozen games, most notably a new side-scrolling Pikmin title coming in 2017 and a version of Super Mario Maker for 3DS coming in December.
Fans can also look forward to Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice, Yokai Watch 2, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice, and Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past before the end of the year. Let’s not forget that Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are coming too, so if you’ve max leveled your Pokémon Go trainer you’ll have something new to do very soon.
If you’d like to watch the complete Nintendo Direct presentation, you can do so right here.
SEE ALSO: Playing Super Mario Bros. on the HoloLens
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in geek culture, beauty products, and Amazon deals. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also given talks on working in news for CNN's Leadership Unplugged program. Bennett also runs popular Korean beauty blog Chok Chok Beauty and regularly slathers her face in snail slime.