These look so cool!
Netflix debuted the comic book covers, which it says were “drawn by 13 international women” and are “inspired by the 13 female-led episodes of Season 2,” in a video posted on social media. Each cover is distinctive, incorporating the show’s noir tones and its themes and color schemes as Jessica Jones (sometimes joined by Trish Walker) faces each threat and mystery.
— Jessica Jones (@JessicaJones) March 5, 2018
All 13 episodes of Jessica Jones season 2 are directed by women—a first for the show and following in Queen Sugar’s footsteps—and many of them are written by women as well (including showrunner Melissa Rosenberg). The new information gives us hints of what we might expect from the new season such as a look into Jessica Jones’ past and the new villains she’ll face off against.
The full list of episode titles, writers, and directors is included below.
- Episode 201: “AKA Start at the Beginning”; directed by Anna Foerster, written by Melissa Rosenberg
- Episode 202: “AKA Freak Accident”; directed by Minkie Spiro, written by Aïda Mashaka Croal
- Episode 203: “AKA Sole Survivor”; directed by Mairzee Almas, written by Lisa Randolph
- Episode 204: “AKA God Help the Hobo”; directed by Deborah Chow, written by Jack Kenny
- Episode 205: “AKA The Octopus”; directed by Millicent Shelton, written by Jamie King
- Episode 206: “Aka Facetime”; directed by Jet Wilkinson, written by Raelle Tucker
- Episode 207: “AKA I Want Your Cray Cray”; directed by Jennifer Getzinger, written by Hilly Hicks, Jr.
- Episode 208: “AKA Ain’t We Got Fun”; directed by Zetna Fuentes, written by Gabe Fonseca
- Episode 209: “AKA Shark in the Bathtub, Monster in the Bed”; directed by Rosemary Rodriguez, written by Jenny Klein
- Episode 210: “AKA Pork Chop”; directed by Neasa Hardiman, written by Aïda Mashaka Croal
- Episode 211: “AKA Three Lives and Counting”; Directed by Jennifer Lynch, written by Jack Kenny & Lisa Randolph
- Episode 212: “AKA Pray For My Patsy”; directed by Liz Friedlander, written by Raelle Tucker & Hilly Hicks, Jr.
- Episode 213: “AKA Playland”; directed by Uta Briesewitz, teleplay by Melissa Rosenberg, story by Jesse Harris
Gotta catch 'em all! (and by ‘em, i mean all 13 of the amazing pulp-novel-style covers — one for each Marvel's Jessica Jones episode, designed by female illustrators around the world)
Jessica Jones returns March 8.