- Sacha Baron Cohen thanks ‘co-stars’ Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin for making Emmy nominations possible 12 Months Ago
- Roger Stone barred from posting on all social media platforms 12 Months Ago
- The FaceApp challenge shows you how gracefully you’ll age Today 5:16 PM
- Kylie Jenner opens up about her mental health in candid Instagram post Today 4:38 PM
- Fans speculate wildly about Naomi Watts’ ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel role after leaked set photo Today 3:54 PM
- New Jersey congressman joins House Democrats ‘Squad’ because of an Onion article Today 3:09 PM
- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy Today 1:54 PM
- Man asks his girlfriend to ‘unlove’ her ex—and people do not agree with him Today 1:37 PM
- Relive a forgotten gem with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console Today 1:09 PM
- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor Today 1:01 PM
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ Today 12:55 PM
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations Today 12:19 PM
- ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’ tries to find humor in bad actors Today 12:02 PM
- Democratic senator calls Facebook ‘dangerous’ during Libra cryptocurrency hearing Today 11:57 AM
- How ‘Kyle’ became synonymous with angry, Monster Energy-chugging white boys Today 11:22 AM
I love it when a plan comes together, but I love it more when they fall apart. A Fortnite streamer by the name of “Mr.Muselk” knows this all too well after he hilariously botched a rescue attempt in the wildly popular battle royale shooter.
Muselk was gliding along at the start of a game when he spotted an enemy at the edge of a sheer cliff. After taking the enemy player down, Muselk noticed another player had gotten stuck at the bottom of the cliff on a small patch of dry beach 200 meters below. The trapped player looked friendly enough, so Muselk decided to build a series of wood and brick stairways down toward him.
After getting about 20 feet above the player, Muselk noticed he had hit Fortnite’s depth limit for environmental destruction and creation, meaning he couldn’t build anything lower to get to the player still trapped below.
Inspiration struck Muselk, who had seen a golf cart resting at the top of the cliff. That extra height and the bounce of its roof might just get his pal out, he thought, so he nabbed it and began to edge toward the cliff, and… well, just watch:
As you can see, Muselk bounced atop several flights of his self-made stairwell before careening down the side of the cliff and bouncing straight into the player he was trying to rescue. The player was unceremoniously bounced into the sea, where death immediately took him.
No man left behind indeed. Muselk followed up the goof with a well-humored tweet.
I like to think he was trying to stop me from flying over the edge. In the end. He saved me.— Muselk (@MrMuselk) July 18, 2018
Golf carts aren’t the only vehicle to cause some mayhem in Fortnite. Shopping carts have been the source of many a meme about rocket jumps and sick stunts. Fortnite has also had a really cool streak of in-game events that only some players are lucky enough to see.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.