- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
- Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO says he might vote Trump because Sanders is too mean to him Friday 11:40 AM
- Twitch streamer says she was banned for body painting Friday 11:39 AM
- Did BTS fans really cause TikTok to crash? (updated) Friday 11:08 AM
- People are selling homemade tampons on Etsy Friday 11:01 AM
I love it when a plan comes together, but I love it more when they fall apart. A Fortnite streamer by the name of “Mr.Muselk” knows this all too well after he hilariously botched a rescue attempt in the wildly popular battle royale shooter.
Muselk was gliding along at the start of a game when he spotted an enemy at the edge of a sheer cliff. After taking the enemy player down, Muselk noticed another player had gotten stuck at the bottom of the cliff on a small patch of dry beach 200 meters below. The trapped player looked friendly enough, so Muselk decided to build a series of wood and brick stairways down toward him.
After getting about 20 feet above the player, Muselk noticed he had hit Fortnite’s depth limit for environmental destruction and creation, meaning he couldn’t build anything lower to get to the player still trapped below.
Inspiration struck Muselk, who had seen a golf cart resting at the top of the cliff. That extra height and the bounce of its roof might just get his pal out, he thought, so he nabbed it and began to edge toward the cliff, and… well, just watch:
As you can see, Muselk bounced atop several flights of his self-made stairwell before careening down the side of the cliff and bouncing straight into the player he was trying to rescue. The player was unceremoniously bounced into the sea, where death immediately took him.
No man left behind indeed. Muselk followed up the goof with a well-humored tweet.
I like to think he was trying to stop me from flying over the edge. In the end. He saved me.— Muselk (@MrMuselk) July 18, 2018
Golf carts aren’t the only vehicle to cause some mayhem in Fortnite. Shopping carts have been the source of many a meme about rocket jumps and sick stunts. Fortnite has also had a really cool streak of in-game events that only some players are lucky enough to see.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.