- People are demanding the man who filmed the killing of Eric Garner be freed with #FreeRamsey Monday 7:36 PM
- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot Monday 6:11 PM
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos Monday 5:41 PM
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Monday 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Monday 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Monday 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Monday 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Monday 3:45 PM
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation Monday 3:41 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings Monday 3:19 PM
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Monday 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Monday 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Monday 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Monday 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Monday 1:24 PM
That’s the biggest payout ever, according to HQ, and you can bet a lot of people will try to get in on the action. HQ regularly attracts more than a million players via its Android and iOS apps, where it hosts live, 12-question games at 3pm and 9pm ET on weekdays and 9pm ET on weekends. Players who correctly answer all 12 rapid-fire questions split the prize pool, which starts at $5,000. The additional prize money up for grabs on Wednesday and Johnson’s star power are sure to open the floodgates.
Just keep in mind that Johnson won’t be hosting the typical 3pm ET game. HQ teased the game as a special pop-up event and told fans to “keep your phone close” rather than giving a scheduled time.
Johnson is out making publicity rounds for the April 20 release of his new arcade-game-based action movie Rampage. He’ll be joined Wednesday by usual HQ host Scott Rogowsky.
H/T the Verge
Sarah Weber is the former editor of Daily Dot’s Parsec section, where she wrote about geek culture. She previously worked as a reporter and editor at community newspapers in the Midwest and was recognized by the Ohio Associated Press for news reporting.