- Instagram has mixed feelings about Mindy Kaling supporting Aziz Ansari Saturday 5:02 PM
- Donald Trump keeps pushing his unsubstantiated voter fraud claims Saturday 4:09 PM
- Report: YouTube will no longer run ads on anti-vax channels Saturday 2:54 PM
- Microsoft employees want to cancel a $479 million contract with the U.S. military Saturday 1:14 PM
- Queso recipe gets launched to space Saturday 10:09 AM
- ‘Isabelle Facts’ was a wholesome queer meme account—until harassers showed up Saturday 8:28 AM
- 2016 election stories the ‘Newsroom’ reboot will cover Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Brandon Rios vs. Humberto Soto for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ heads to ‘Bly Manor’ for next installment Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to stream James DeGale vs. Chris Eubank Jr. for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 145 in Prague for free Saturday 5:00 AM
- R. Kelly charged in Chicago with multiple counts of sex abuse Friday 7:51 PM
- Elon Musk finally hosts PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
Carrie Fisher’s dog had sweetest, saddest reaction to ‘The Last Jedi’ trailer
Star Wars fans can’t get enough of the newest Last Jedi trailer as they analyze every frame and use it to make a bunch of memes. But a new photo reaction to the trailer reminds us just how emotional this film will be for many fans.
Gary the French bulldog was constantly at Carrie Fisher’s side during the Force Awakens press tour and became a social media star in his own right. After Fisher’s death last year, her assistant Corbin McCoin adopted him, and Gary returned to posting on social media, often using the hashtags #garyloveshismom and #garymisseshismom in Instagram captions.
In his latest post, Gary is seen watching Fisher as General Leia Organa in the Last Jedi trailer, with the caption that “my mom looks more beautiful than ever.”
A post shared by Gary Fisher (@garyfisher) on
If a handful of shots of Leia in the trailer are enough to strike fans (and Gary) right in the heartstrings, we can only imagine how sad we’ll be feeling when we see her on the screen for the last time.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.