- Mike Judge’s dystopian comedy ‘Idiocracy’ is now streaming on Netflix 2 Years Ago
- The 2020 Democratic presidential candidates as La Croix flavors Today 7:00 AM
- Crowdsourcing mental healthcare with 7 Cups Today 7:00 AM
- How to unlock hidden filters and effects for Instagram Stories Today 6:00 AM
- In season 2, ‘Succession’ has quietly become one of the best shows on TV Sunday 9:10 PM
- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Sunday 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Sunday 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Sunday 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Sunday 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Sunday 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Sunday 8:00 AM
Star Wars fans can’t get enough of the newest Last Jedi trailer as they analyze every frame and use it to make a bunch of memes. But a new photo reaction to the trailer reminds us just how emotional this film will be for many fans.
Gary the French bulldog was constantly at Carrie Fisher’s side during the Force Awakens press tour and became a social media star in his own right. After Fisher’s death last year, her assistant Corbin McCoin adopted him, and Gary returned to posting on social media, often using the hashtags #garyloveshismom and #garymisseshismom in Instagram captions.
In his latest post, Gary is seen watching Fisher as General Leia Organa in the Last Jedi trailer, with the caption that “my mom looks more beautiful than ever.”
A post shared by Gary Fisher (@garyfisher) on
If a handful of shots of Leia in the trailer are enough to strike fans (and Gary) right in the heartstrings, we can only imagine how sad we’ll be feeling when we see her on the screen for the last time.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.