- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
The latest trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi debuted during Monday Night Football as it revealed even more footage and some plot for the highly anticipated movie.
Teases released on social media during the past couple days revealed we’d see plenty of Rey training under the tutelage of Luke Skywalker—along with a look at how the final scene in The Force Awakens played out—as he said, “Breathe. Just breathe.” And although director Rian Johnson gave his vote of confidence on the trailer to fans on Twitter, he recommended skipping it if “you want to come in clean.”
I a legitimately torn. If you want to come in clean, absolutely avoid it.— Rian Johnson (@rianjohnson) October 8, 2017
But it’s gooooood..... https://t.co/Y29K5yz8i4
And the new trailer reveals quite a bit. The parallels between Rey and Kylo Ren are more apparent—to the point where it scares Luke. The Resistance and the First Order are at each other’s throats once again to the point where it appears that mother and son sense each other on opposite sides of the battle field. Finn finds himself facing an old commander while Chewbacca made a new friend. And is our hero tempted to join forces with the man who killed her father figure?
Fans also got their first look at the new poster for The Last Jedi, which Lucasfilm released on social media shortly before the trailer debuted.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi will arrive in theaters Dec. 15.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.