- Laura Ingraham mocks Rep. Ilhan Omar’s accent in audio clip Sunday 5:46 PM
- #ExposeChristianSchools goes viral after Karen Pence and Covington Catholic School uproars Sunday 4:37 PM
- People have started laundering money on Fortnite Sunday 3:03 PM
- Cardi B claps back at Tomi Lahren’s sarcastic tweet Sunday 1:25 PM
- Twitter may have exposed Android users’ private tweets Sunday 12:13 PM
- Leave Me Alurn is the ‘SNL’ product we wish existed in real life Sunday 10:06 AM
- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch Patriots vs. Chiefs online for free Sunday 8:15 AM
- This is the ‘Star Wars’ VR experience you’re looking for Sunday 8:00 AM
- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Leganes online for free Sunday 1:00 AM
Watch the ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ trailer that aired during ‘Monday Night Football’
‘Breathe. Just breathe.’
The latest trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi debuted during Monday Night Football as it revealed even more footage and some plot for the highly anticipated movie.
Teases released on social media during the past couple days revealed we’d see plenty of Rey training under the tutelage of Luke Skywalker—along with a look at how the final scene in The Force Awakens played out—as he said, “Breathe. Just breathe.” And although director Rian Johnson gave his vote of confidence on the trailer to fans on Twitter, he recommended skipping it if “you want to come in clean.”
I a legitimately torn. If you want to come in clean, absolutely avoid it.
But it’s gooooood….. https://t.co/Y29K5yz8i4
— Rian Johnson (@rianjohnson) October 8, 2017
And the new trailer reveals quite a bit. The parallels between Rey and Kylo Ren are more apparent—to the point where it scares Luke. The Resistance and the First Order are at each other’s throats once again to the point where it appears that mother and son sense each other on opposite sides of the battle field. Finn finds himself facing an old commander while Chewbacca made a new friend. And is our hero tempted to join forces with the man who killed her father figure?
Fans also got their first look at the new poster for The Last Jedi, which Lucasfilm released on social media shortly before the trailer debuted.
— Star Wars (@starwars) October 10, 2017
Star Wars: The Last Jedi will arrive in theaters Dec. 15.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.