- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Saturday 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Saturday 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Saturday 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Saturday 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
The latest trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi debuted during Monday Night Football as it revealed even more footage and some plot for the highly anticipated movie.
Teases released on social media during the past couple days revealed we’d see plenty of Rey training under the tutelage of Luke Skywalker—along with a look at how the final scene in The Force Awakens played out—as he said, “Breathe. Just breathe.” And although director Rian Johnson gave his vote of confidence on the trailer to fans on Twitter, he recommended skipping it if “you want to come in clean.”
I a legitimately torn. If you want to come in clean, absolutely avoid it.— Rian Johnson (@rianjohnson) October 8, 2017
But it’s gooooood..... https://t.co/Y29K5yz8i4
And the new trailer reveals quite a bit. The parallels between Rey and Kylo Ren are more apparent—to the point where it scares Luke. The Resistance and the First Order are at each other’s throats once again to the point where it appears that mother and son sense each other on opposite sides of the battle field. Finn finds himself facing an old commander while Chewbacca made a new friend. And is our hero tempted to join forces with the man who killed her father figure?
Fans also got their first look at the new poster for The Last Jedi, which Lucasfilm released on social media shortly before the trailer debuted.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi will arrive in theaters Dec. 15.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.