- Indie game publisher announces Playdate, a console with a hand crank Wednesday 8:18 PM
- How to get The Sims 4 for free Wednesday 7:45 PM
- Trump’s Rose Garden podium sign is the perfect meme canvas Wednesday 7:34 PM
- Forest Whitaker to produce adaptation of novel ‘Hello, Universe’ for Netflix Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Baltimore still refuses to pay hackers who hit city with ransomware Wednesday 5:34 PM
- Net neutrality advocates slam ‘extremely troubling’ letter circulating among some House Dems Wednesday 4:52 PM
- Moms and grandmas are infiltrating TikTok Wednesday 4:35 PM
- Did Britain’s head Brexiter hide in a bus to avoid getting hit by a milkshake? Wednesday 4:26 PM
- This woman who thought she saw a handmaid about to jump from a building is very relieved Wednesday 4:18 PM
- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari Wednesday 3:53 PM
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series Wednesday 3:28 PM
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech Wednesday 3:18 PM
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Wednesday 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Wednesday 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Wednesday 2:45 PM
Watch the ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ trailer that aired during ‘Monday Night Football’
‘Breathe. Just breathe.’
The latest trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi debuted during Monday Night Football as it revealed even more footage and some plot for the highly anticipated movie.
Teases released on social media during the past couple days revealed we’d see plenty of Rey training under the tutelage of Luke Skywalker—along with a look at how the final scene in The Force Awakens played out—as he said, “Breathe. Just breathe.” And although director Rian Johnson gave his vote of confidence on the trailer to fans on Twitter, he recommended skipping it if “you want to come in clean.”
I a legitimately torn. If you want to come in clean, absolutely avoid it.
But it’s gooooood….. https://t.co/Y29K5yz8i4
— Rian Johnson (@rianjohnson) October 8, 2017
And the new trailer reveals quite a bit. The parallels between Rey and Kylo Ren are more apparent—to the point where it scares Luke. The Resistance and the First Order are at each other’s throats once again to the point where it appears that mother and son sense each other on opposite sides of the battle field. Finn finds himself facing an old commander while Chewbacca made a new friend. And is our hero tempted to join forces with the man who killed her father figure?
Fans also got their first look at the new poster for The Last Jedi, which Lucasfilm released on social media shortly before the trailer debuted.
— Star Wars (@starwars) October 10, 2017
Star Wars: The Last Jedi will arrive in theaters Dec. 15.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.