All the news that’s fit to tweet, in 140 characters or fewer.
With hundreds of millions of tweets per day, it’s impossible to follow everything happening on Twitter. Every Friday, the Daily Dot rounds up notable Twitter news and stories from the past week—in 140 characters or fewer.
- Twitter seems to be finally getting more secure logins after a spate of high-profile hacks.
- The company scored a multi-year, nine-figure ad deal covering major brands like Coca-Cola and Walmart.
- Twitter’s new #music app is helping emerging artists gain attention and followers.
- The official Twitter Mac app was updated for the first time in almost two years.
- Move over, Fail Whale. Success Loch Ness is Twitter’s cute animal doodle du jour.
- Wall Street wants a way around state rules for monitoring employees’ Twitter accounts.
- Paris Brown, who quit a police advisory role over sketchy tweets, will not face legal action over her “offensive” remarks.
- Those who share allegedly current photos of child killers Jon Venables and Robert Thompson in the future face “substantial” jail time.
- If only Twitter for Macklemore were a real thing.
- Sorry, Lakers fans, sidelined Kobe Bryant is no longer tweeting the playoffs.
- A Canadian lawyer allegedly wrote his favorite two words are “officer down” in the wake of the Boston bombings.
- The Real Housewives of Atlanta‘s Porsha Stewart found out her husband was filing for divorce via, you guessed it, a tweet.
- William Shatner apparently has a grudge against Star Trek writer Damon Lindelof after not appearing in the most recent franchise movies.
Photo of the week: Biden signed a pair of running shoes and left them at a memorial for the Boston Marathon bombing victims. (@DrBiden)
Pure, uncut internet. Straight to your inbox.[emma_form]