- Laura Ingraham mocks Rep. Ilhan Omar’s accent in audio clip Sunday 5:46 PM
- #ExposeChristianSchools goes viral after Karen Pence and Covington Catholic School uproars Sunday 4:37 PM
- People have started laundering money on Fortnite Sunday 3:03 PM
- Cardi B claps back at Tomi Lahren’s sarcastic tweet Sunday 1:25 PM
- Twitter may have exposed Android users’ private tweets Sunday 12:13 PM
- Leave Me Alurn is the ‘SNL’ product we wish existed in real life Sunday 10:06 AM
- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch Patriots vs. Chiefs online for free Sunday 8:15 AM
- This is the ‘Star Wars’ VR experience you’re looking for Sunday 8:00 AM
- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Leganes online for free Sunday 1:00 AM
Reddit files Freedom of Information Act request for White House’s beer recipe
At the White House, Obama drinks home brewed ale. Reddit will have what he’s having.
There are plenty of secrets President Barack Obama will never share with the with American public.
But if one Reddit user has his way, the secret behind the White House’s delicious honey ale brew will soon see the light of day.
Late Monday, redditor imatexasda, an assistant district attorney in Texas, submitted a Freedom of Information Act request to get the recipe for the White House’s beer recipe.
“The Executive Office of the President doesn’t have to respond to FOIA requests at all since they’re a specifically excepted agency. … This is just a formal way of saying pretty please that is basically guaranteed a response of SOME kind,” imatexasda wrote. “Perfect legalese would make the request no more or less likely to go anywhere.”
The FOIA follows on the heels of an official White House petition that is about 5,000 digital signatures short of its 25,000 goal. The deadline is Sept. 17.
“Following in the footsteps of great men like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin, Barack Obama has reportedly been enjoying the rewards of home brewed beer. Recent reports from news outlets like the Washington Post (Aug. 15, 2012) have stated that Obama has been drinking a White House home brew Honey Ale while on the campaign trail,” reads the petition. “In keeping with the brewing traditions of the founding fathers, homebrewers across America call on the Obama Administration to release the recipe for the White House home brew so that it may be enjoyed by all.”
Let’s hope they hop to it.
Photo by monado
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.