- Why is Yennefer of Vengerberg so different in Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’? 10 Months Ago
- Actress slammed for ‘acid attack-face’ TikTok challenge 10 Months Ago
- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
President Donald Trump continued to bash windmills and the Green New Deal on Tuesday, implying to the National Republican Congressional Committee that noise produced by the alternative energy source causes cancer.
There is no evidence to support the claim that noise from windmills causes cancer, as the Atlantic pointed out in 2017, but Trump’s assertion is just the latest in his long-standing hatred of them.
“Hillary wanted to put up wind, wind. If you have a windmill anywhere near your house, congratulations, your house just went down 75 percent in value,” he told those in attendance. “And they say the noise causes cancer… and of course it’s like a graveyard for birds.”
Here's video of Trump talking about wind mills at the NRCC dinner tonight: "They say the noise causes cancer.” pic.twitter.com/tpsmZI8k7n— Brandon Wall (@Walldo) April 3, 2019
The president has fixated on windmills as he continues to bash the Green New Deal. Last week, Trump incorrectly claimed that if the wind wasn’t blowing, people would be without electricity.
On Tuesday, Trump also mentioned Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), one of the lawmakers spearheading the Green New Deal.
“The Green New Deal, done by a young bartender, 29 years old,” Trump said. “A young bartender, wonderful young woman. The Green New Deal. You know but, it’s crazy. The first time I heard it I said ‘that’s the craziest thing.’ You have senators that are professionals, that you guys know, that have been there for a long time—white hair, everything perfect. And they are standing behind her, and they’re shaking, they’re petrified of her. ‘We support the Green New Deal.'”
“It’s the craziest thing. They believe it. And we will have to do something, but don’t it too early please–don’t kill it–because we want to be able to run against it. If they beat me with the Green New Deal, I deserve to lose. It’s true.”
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).