- Reddit Relationships: Man laughs at girlfriend for using Microsoft PowerPoint during sex Thursday 8:59 PM
- The 15 Brad Pitt movies you need to see now, ranked Thursday 8:26 PM
- Facebook could face legal action over the Area 51 event Thursday 6:50 PM
- How to stream Texans vs. Chargers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 6:40 PM
- Tekashi 69 alleges Cardi B was a Bloods gang member Thursday 5:55 PM
- Right-wing sites falsely claimed group of Somalis attacked man in viral video Thursday 5:00 PM
- Big creators risk losing checkmarks amid YouTube verification purge Thursday 4:56 PM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Lions in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:52 PM
- How to stream Steelers vs. 49ers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:10 PM
- How to stream Bills vs. Bengals in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:03 PM
- Colt halts production of AR-15s for civilians Thursday 3:45 PM
- If you love long-winded, hashtag-heavy Instagram captions, these apps can help Thursday 2:54 PM
- Teen girls on TikTok have convinced the internet that they eat their tampons Thursday 2:33 PM
- Twitch streamer faces criticism for trying to defend racist jokes Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 Thursday 12:55 PM
President Donald Trump on Sunday went on an extended Twitter bender that—even by his standards—was over-the-top.
Over the course of 50 tweets and retweets, he railed against Fox News’ treatment of Judge Jeanine Pirro, attacked Hillary Clinton and Robert Mueller, retweeted a Pizzagate promoter dramatically fretting about an MS-13 murder, and shared some anti-Ilhan Omar tweets.
Lost in the mix was a retweet from @vmbb12, that supported Pirro.
We have to fight back. They have not let up on President Trump, nor his supporters since they lost. They are losers, we are winners! President Trump calls on Fox News to 'bring back' Jeanine Pirro https://t.co/rKc6dw0fC6— ⭐️⭐️⭐️VB🇺🇸Nationalist (@vmbb12) March 17, 2019
In the avatar [email protected] is a clear endorsement of the QAnon conspiracy, the bonkers online theory that Trump is secretly working to remove a cabal of Democratic pedophiles from inside the government, and that one man (who is possibly Trump himself) is revealing the mystery to all.
The avatar is the letter Q, wearing an edited MAGA hat that reads, Bake America Great Again. “Bake” is the phrase Q fans use to describe their analyzing of Q posts. In the bio is “
#WWG1WGA,” which stands for “We go one, we go all,” a popular phrase among Q followers.
While the tweet was about Pirro, other tweets show clear support of the conspiracy movement.
Trump’s retweet is the closest the president has come to being tied to the Q conspiracy.
The president has never spoken about the phenomenon, but the administration has come close to dancing with it. A Q supporter visited the White House last year. Vice President Mike Pence was photographed with a supporter. And infamously, a baker at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort was revealed to be a Q fan.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]