- Hong Kong protesters wear LeBron James masks Wednesday 7:58 PM
- Gina Rodriguez has said N-word before, Twitter discovers Wednesday 6:54 PM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. Broncos on Thursday Night Football Wednesday 6:00 PM
- Feds take down dark web’s largest known child porn site Wednesday 5:33 PM
- Ben Shapiro says his ‘man body’ is just as controlled as women’s Wednesday 5:06 PM
- Genius turns Kylie Jenner’s ‘rise and shine’ meme into alarm ringtone Wednesday 4:14 PM
- In ‘Tell Me Who I Am,’ twin brothers grapple with hidden trauma Wednesday 4:13 PM
- Panama Papers law firm sues Netflix over ‘The Laundromat’ Wednesday 3:07 PM
- ‘Motherless Brooklyn’ is a gorgeous noir with little below the surface Wednesday 1:14 PM
- Jameela Jamil and Sara Sampaio got in a Twitter feud over ‘long-starved’ models Wednesday 12:52 PM
- Freddie Prinze Jr. will straight-up school you about the Force don’t @ him Wednesday 12:18 PM
- Woman hosts Instagram funeral after she ‘killed’ $102K in student debt Wednesday 11:45 AM
- YouTube beats Netflix as go-to streaming platform for teens Wednesday 11:41 AM
- The tallest man in America posts emotional YouTube video from hospital room Wednesday 11:31 AM
- Nintendo Switch subreddit implodes amid Hong Kong protests Wednesday 11:14 AM
Donald Trump Jr., the son of President Donald Trump, said on Monday that people wearing MAGA hats would be shot in “two seconds” in downtown Chicago.
Trump Jr. made the remarks while speaking on Fox & Friends about Jussie Smollett, the actor who has been charged with filing a false police report after he allegedly staged an attack on himself. He claimed the attackers were supporters of the president.
“I put out a tweet, sort of sarcastically hitting some of the Jussie Smollett thing which is like, ‘Man I’m really shocked that you know people in downtown Chicago on the coldest night of the year weren’t actually there wearing MAGA hats,'” he told the hosts. “Because, you know, if you wore a MAGA hat in downtown Chicago, you probably wouldn’t last too long—ok, about two seconds until you get shot.”
I know they seem like parody, but I swear all these Don Jr quotes are real pic.twitter.com/ETlLIHSUuZ— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) February 25, 2019
The president has repeatedly criticized Chicago’s gun violence rate, calling it a “total disaster.”
However, as several people quickly pointed out in light of his son’s remarks on Monday–there is a Trump Tower in downtown Chicago.
There’s literally a giant Trump tower in the middle of downtown Chicago. No one’s shooting at it. https://t.co/dbhIbqXFz0— Juju (@kaleidoscope__7) February 25, 2019
Um does he know there’s a Trump Tower literally in the middle of downtown Chicago? pic.twitter.com/I0gJ6dFlE3— politwit (@politwit) February 25, 2019
That's some great sales material for the Trump Tower here in Chicago. https://t.co/Lpyh7P0kSV— John L, the /s is signed (@loftontech) February 25, 2019
There is an enormous building in downtown Chicago with a huge TRUMP sign on the side and it seems fine. https://t.co/bgBUzejE2s— Matthew Yglesias (@mattyglesias) February 25, 2019
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).