- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
Trump Jr. claims you’d be shot in ‘two seconds’ for wearing MAGA hat in Chicago
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
People pointed out there is a Trump Tower in downtown Chicago.
Donald Trump Jr., the son of President Donald Trump, said on Monday that people wearing MAGA hats would be shot in “two seconds” in downtown Chicago.
Trump Jr. made the remarks while speaking on Fox & Friends about Jussie Smollett, the actor who has been charged with filing a false police report after he allegedly staged an attack on himself. He claimed the attackers were supporters of the president.
“I put out a tweet, sort of sarcastically hitting some of the Jussie Smollett thing which is like, ‘Man I’m really shocked that you know people in downtown Chicago on the coldest night of the year weren’t actually there wearing MAGA hats,'” he told the hosts. “Because, you know, if you wore a MAGA hat in downtown Chicago, you probably wouldn’t last too long—ok, about two seconds until you get shot.”
I know they seem like parody, but I swear all these Don Jr quotes are real pic.twitter.com/ETlLIHSUuZ— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) February 25, 2019
The president has repeatedly criticized Chicago’s gun violence rate, calling it a “total disaster.”
However, as several people quickly pointed out in light of his son’s remarks on Monday–there is a Trump Tower in downtown Chicago.
There’s literally a giant Trump tower in the middle of downtown Chicago. No one’s shooting at it. https://t.co/dbhIbqXFz0— Juju (@kaleidoscope__7) February 25, 2019
Um does he know there’s a Trump Tower literally in the middle of downtown Chicago? pic.twitter.com/I0gJ6dFlE3— politwit (@politwit) February 25, 2019
That's some great sales material for the Trump Tower here in Chicago. https://t.co/Lpyh7P0kSV— John L, the /s is signed (@loftontech) February 25, 2019
There is an enormous building in downtown Chicago with a huge TRUMP sign on the side and it seems fine. https://t.co/bgBUzejE2s— Matthew Yglesias (@mattyglesias) February 25, 2019
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).