- Feds say college student operated drug business through gaming app 1 Year Ago
- Trump is again using old videos to claim his border wall is ‘under construction 1 Year Ago
- Laura Loomer led a second protest at Twitter yesterday Today 3:37 PM
- The eyes have it in these ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ memes Today 2:13 PM
- Facebook let advertisers target users interested in infamous Nazis Today 1:58 PM
- Dem senator promises to put net neutrality on the ‘political hot seat’ in coming months Today 1:28 PM
- Someone figured out that Toothless from ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ looks just like Bulbasaur Today 12:44 PM
- Disturbing Snapchat video shows 17-year-old throwing dog on trampoline Today 12:16 PM
- How to watch the new Bon Appetit channel for free Today 12:03 PM
- Eminem disses Netflix for canceling ‘The Punisher’ Today 11:50 AM
- Florida prisons sued for depriving inmates of music they paid for Today 11:36 AM
- Chris Hemsworth will become Hulk Hogan for Netflix biopic Today 11:29 AM
- Fortnite just introduced a K-Pop skin, and here’s how to unlock it Today 11:06 AM
- The YouTuber who exposed the site’s ‘softcore pedophile ring’ is under attack Today 10:39 AM
- Trump randomly calls for companies to ‘step up’ their 5G efforts in U.S. Today 10:28 AM
Donald Trump on Saturday went to Twitter and focused on an enemy he loves to hate—CNN. But this time after he blasted the news network, CNN fought back in a tweet that drew twice as many retweets and tens of thousands of more Twitter likes as the president’s rant.
Less than a day after Trump picked a fight with Time magazine that had the internet mocking him, he set his sights on CNN.
.@FoxNews is MUCH more important in the United States than CNN, but outside of the U.S., CNN International is still a major source of (Fake) news, and they represent our Nation to the WORLD very poorly. The outside world does not see the truth from them!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 25, 2017
Compared to Trump tweeting a video of himself pummeling CNN WWE-style or the obsession of Donald Trump Jr. ripping the cable news network every chance he gets, the president’s attack on CNN on Saturday was relatively mild.
But CNN wasn’t content to ignore the insult, and the network’s communications team clapped back at him 33 minutes later.
Russia on Saturday, though, made an even bigger statement, as Vladimir Putin signed a law that labels foreign media as “foreign agents” in retaliation for the U.S. government asking Russian news service RT to do the same thing. And some on Twitter didn’t think Trump’s tweet was an accident.
On the same day that Trump attacked CNN International. Coincidence? https://t.co/60rCINaBv2
— Renato Mariotti (@renato_mariotti) November 26, 2017
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.