- Trump calls parts of Mueller Report ‘total bullshit’ in unfinished tweetstorm 1 Year Ago
- Amid ‘Avengers’ hype, ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ bumps up release date 1 Year Ago
- Netflix’s ‘Someone Great’ is a coming-of-age rom-com for twenty-somethings Today 7:03 AM
- The best new movies and TV shows to stream this weekend Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Ramy’ explores the intersection of Muslim and millennial identities Today 6:30 AM
- The top 10 Sekiro bosses, ranked Today 6:00 AM
- How to install PlayStation Vue on Kodi to stream live TV Today 5:30 AM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez supports resolution that could lead to Trump’s impeachment Thursday 9:46 PM
- Ricardo Milos dancing memes are the new Rickroll Thursday 9:09 PM
- Laura Loomer sues Twitter, Muslim lobbying group over account ban Thursday 8:15 PM
- Far-right troll Ian Miles Cheong gets flamed for mocking a ‘Star Wars’ fan Thursday 6:17 PM
- Facebook says ‘millions,’ not ‘tens of thousands,’ affected by Instagram password bug Thursday 5:13 PM
- Leading 2020 Democrats mock redactions in Mueller report Thursday 4:04 PM
- 8 weed accessories for stealthy stoners Thursday 4:00 PM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players are now fighting on giant d*cks Thursday 3:37 PM
Donald Trump on Saturday went to Twitter and focused on an enemy he loves to hate—CNN. But this time after he blasted the news network, CNN fought back in a tweet that drew twice as many retweets and tens of thousands of more Twitter likes as the president’s rant.
Less than a day after Trump picked a fight with Time magazine that had the internet mocking him, he set his sights on CNN.
.@FoxNews is MUCH more important in the United States than CNN, but outside of the U.S., CNN International is still a major source of (Fake) news, and they represent our Nation to the WORLD very poorly. The outside world does not see the truth from them!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 25, 2017
Compared to Trump tweeting a video of himself pummeling CNN WWE-style or the obsession of Donald Trump Jr. ripping the cable news network every chance he gets, the president’s attack on CNN on Saturday was relatively mild.
But CNN wasn’t content to ignore the insult, and the network’s communications team clapped back at him 33 minutes later.
Russia on Saturday, though, made an even bigger statement, as Vladimir Putin signed a law that labels foreign media as “foreign agents” in retaliation for the U.S. government asking Russian news service RT to do the same thing. And some on Twitter didn’t think Trump’s tweet was an accident.
On the same day that Trump attacked CNN International. Coincidence? https://t.co/60rCINaBv2
— Renato Mariotti (@renato_mariotti) November 26, 2017
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.