- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
Trump rips CNN again, but this time, CNN blasted him right back
The network is not backing down.
Donald Trump on Saturday went to Twitter and focused on an enemy he loves to hate—CNN. But this time after he blasted the news network, CNN fought back in a tweet that drew twice as many retweets and tens of thousands of more Twitter likes as the president’s rant.
Less than a day after Trump picked a fight with Time magazine that had the internet mocking him, he set his sights on CNN.
.@FoxNews is MUCH more important in the United States than CNN, but outside of the U.S., CNN International is still a major source of (Fake) news, and they represent our Nation to the WORLD very poorly. The outside world does not see the truth from them!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 25, 2017
Compared to Trump tweeting a video of himself pummeling CNN WWE-style or the obsession of Donald Trump Jr. ripping the cable news network every chance he gets, the president’s attack on CNN on Saturday was relatively mild.
But CNN wasn’t content to ignore the insult, and the network’s communications team clapped back at him 33 minutes later.
Russia on Saturday, though, made an even bigger statement, as Vladimir Putin signed a law that labels foreign media as “foreign agents” in retaliation for the U.S. government asking Russian news service RT to do the same thing. And some on Twitter didn’t think Trump’s tweet was an accident.
On the same day that Trump attacked CNN International. Coincidence? https://t.co/60rCINaBv2— Renato Mariotti (@renato_mariotti) November 26, 2017
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.