- PDF Association dunks on Mueller report PDF Friday 7:33 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Friday 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Friday 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Friday 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Friday 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Friday 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Friday 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Friday 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Friday 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Friday 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Friday 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Friday 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Friday 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Friday 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Friday 10:21 AM
Is this a glimpse into 2020?
Not a hypothetical 2020 presidential election match-up. Fisticuffs.
In fact, Trump is so confident in his ability to fight the former vice president (and rumored 2020 candidate) that he predicted that Biden would “go down hard and fast, crying all the way.”
“Crazy Joe Biden is trying to act like a tough guy. Actually, he is weak, both mentally and physically, and yet he threatens me, for the second time, with physical assault. He doesn’t know me, but he would go down fast and hard, crying all the way. Don’t threaten people Joe!” the president tweeted.
Crazy Joe Biden is trying to act like a tough guy. Actually, he is weak, both mentally and physically, and yet he threatens me, for the second time, with physical assault. He doesn’t know me, but he would go down fast and hard, crying all the way. Don’t threaten people Joe!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 22, 2018
Trump was responding to comments made by Biden on Tuesday where he said he would have “beat the hell” out of the president in high school because of his comments in the past about sexually assaulting women.
“When a guy who ended up becoming our national leader said, ‘I can grab a woman anywhere and she likes it’ and then said, ‘I made a mistake,'” Biden said, referring to Trump’s Access Hollywood tape where he brags about grabbing women without their consent. “They asked me would I like to debate this gentleman, and I said no. I said, ‘If we were in high school, I’d take him behind the gym and beat the hell out of him.'”
Biden made similar comments during the 2016 campaign.
While the tweet from the president was bizarre, it appears at least one of his sons, Eric Trump, has his back—he liked the tweet early Thursday morning.
The tweet could be a glimpse into the future of the 2020 presidential election. Recently, a Politico report suggested that Biden’s team is considering possible ways to announce his candidacy, including: announcing early, skipping the first two votes in Iowa and New Hampshire, or running with a promise of a one-term presidency.
If Biden does run, polls show that he has a good shot at winning the presidency.
A January poll from CNN found that Trump trails Biden in a hypothetical match-up 57 percent to 40 percent.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).