- How to follow along with San Diego Comic Con online 2 Years Ago
- How to live stream the International Champions Cup Today 5:00 AM
- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
It’s a lot to take in.
By now, you’ve probably seen the animatronic President Donald Trump at Walt Disney World’s Hall of Presidents, and you’ve probably had some sort of visceral reaction to it.
Well, a Twitter user by the name of @DustinGiebel decided that the reactions to how it looked weren’t enough, so he put some well-known remarks the president has made as the audio over video of the newly-unveiled Trump robot.
@DustinGiebel made three videos of the president speaking over his Disney World lookalike with three well-known statements he has made: His Access Hollywood tape where he brags about getting away with sexually assaulting women, the moment where he called Mexicans “rapists” during his presidential campaign announcement, and Trump boasting about the size of his hands and genitalia during a Republican primary debate.
In a Twitter direct message, @DustinGiebel said he was prompted to make the videos after he saw Trump “on stage with Lincoln on one side and Garfield on the other,” which “caused my mind to compare the three guys.”
“Trump is unique on that stage so I went with the Access Hollywood one first for obvious reasons,” @DustinGiebel told the Daily Dot. “So I loaded it up and it didn’t like shoot off immediately but I had two of my followers, who follow me for different reasons (one’s a Trump fan), tell me they liked it… That caused a knee-jerk reaction from me to make more. I like when humor or fun or whatever this is can be bipartisan.”
As of Wednesday afternoon, all three of @DustinGibel’s videos have more than 2,000 likes on Twitter and have been retweeted thousands of times.
“I had a lot of comments that were worrisome in terms of people thinking there shouldn’t be a Trump in the Hall of Presidents. That did make me frustrated. No matter how they feel, he’s the president, you can’t block out facts like that,” @DustinGibel said. “Imagine going to the Hall of Presidents while on a family-vacation 10 years from now. They want to skip 45? Doesn’t seem healthy. I was shocked, They’re being so many good takes… I didn’t think it would be this popular because, to me, there were better posts but hey, this is Twitter. There’s no reason to this place.”
Trump’s robot definitely doesn’t say any of these things during his speech at the Hall of Presidents in the Magic Kingdom theme park, but judging from the audio @DustinGiebel put over it, you’d be forgiven if you thought it might. There was a widely circulated petition to keep Trump’s presidential robot from speaking during the exhibit, but instead it reportedly says “From the beginning, America has been a nation defined by its people,” among other things.
Here’s the audio from his Access Hollywood tape:
Hall of President Trump but with the Access Hollywood Tape audio. pic.twitter.com/WFDV0ncJMv— Dusty (@DustinGiebel) December 18, 2017
Here’s when he called Mexicans “rapists:”
2: Hall of President Trump but with the Mexico are not sending their best comment pic.twitter.com/0bHxZAiULO— Dusty (@DustinGiebel) December 19, 2017
And finally, here is Trump bragging about the size of his genitalia:
3. I’m still laughing at this one: Hall of Presidents Trump but debating with Rubio the size of his hands... and his uhh... pic.twitter.com/1GeHsMXxGs— Dusty (@DustinGiebel) December 19, 2017
Yeah, we know, it’s a lot to take in.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).