- Workers claim Google made spy tool to prevent them from organizing Wednesday 8:13 PM
- Hailey Bieber denies shading Selena Gomez with ‘I’ll Kill You’ Instagram post Wednesday 7:46 PM
- Trump signed an ego tweet sheet for Tomi Lahren–and it features conspiracy theorists Wednesday 6:59 PM
- Attorneys say ICE deleted evidence pertaining to transgender asylum seeker’s death Wednesday 6:24 PM
- Everything you need to know about VSCO filter codes Wednesday 6:17 PM
- Are users prepared to pay for Gmail storage space? Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Facebook pledges $1 billion to fight housing crisis it helped create Wednesday 5:16 PM
- Lizzo officially credits ‘DNA test’ tweet writer on ‘Truth Hurts’ Wednesday 4:50 PM
- Pornhub takes down videos secretly filmed in a college women’s locker room Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google Maps on iPhone now shows you speed traps Wednesday 3:47 PM
- Here’s why you’re seeing ‘rise and shine’ all over social media Wednesday 3:45 PM
- AOC grills Zuckerberg over false political ads on Facebook Wednesday 3:27 PM
- Fox News promotes pro-faith, anti-antifa film ‘The Reliant’ Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Cardi B to star in ‘Fast & Furious 9’ Wednesday 3:12 PM
- AOC on opening her DMs: ‘By this morning, it was trash’ Wednesday 2:26 PM
Elmo and the surgeon general set the record straight on the vaccine debate
Your favorite little red monster gets a visit from America’s top doc.
There’s been a lot of Internet “controversy” over vaccines in recent years, but the fact is, vaccinations protect children from life-threatening illnesses. Period.
Doctors have eradicated maladies like measles, only to see them crop up again in communities where vaccines are distrusted. Bad science, misguided celebrities, and uninformed social movements have contributed to a confusing and dangerous online discourse.
That’s why the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Sesame Street, and the Daily Dot have teamed up to create this short video that you can share with friends, family, and new parents.
In support of his first major public health initiative, Dr. Vivek Murthy, surgeon general of the U.S., drops in on Elmo’s checkup to explain how vaccines actually work and why they’re so critical to children’s health.
You can find more information and resources about childhood vaccinations at the Health & Human Services blog. This video and partnership supports the Sesame Workshop’s mission to help all kids grow up smarter, stronger, and kinder.
Photo by Health & Human Services/Daily Dot
Matt Silverman is the director of video and producer of 2 Girls 1 Podcast at the Daily Dot. He has been making internet shows and viral videos for nearly a decade, and has directed top talent including John Oliver, Kevin Bacon, Kate McKinnon, Alton Brown, and the Sesame Street Muppets. Silverman is also the creator of FREE DAD VIDEOS, a comedy and music channel with his young children.