- The 5 best Spike Lee movies 4 Years Ago
- Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots visit suburban hell in ‘Vivarium’ 4 Years Ago
- Spoiler-free review: HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ leans into the comic’s political side Today 3:00 AM
- #DogsAgainstBrexit highlights the negative impact of Brexit on pets Monday 7:44 PM
- Congress investigating whether vaping manufacturers used social media bots Monday 6:34 PM
- Influencer accuses Lisa Frank of stealing apartment design, says that’s why she’s getting evicted (updated) Monday 6:12 PM
- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter Monday 4:08 PM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play Monday 3:38 PM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament Monday 3:21 PM
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Monday 3:19 PM
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns Monday 3:06 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives Monday 3:03 PM
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist Monday 2:46 PM
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Monday 1:35 PM
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Monday 12:52 PM
Elmo and the surgeon general set the record straight on the vaccine debate
Your favorite little red monster gets a visit from America’s top doc.
There’s been a lot of Internet “controversy” over vaccines in recent years, but the fact is, vaccinations protect children from life-threatening illnesses. Period.
Doctors have eradicated maladies like measles, only to see them crop up again in communities where vaccines are distrusted. Bad science, misguided celebrities, and uninformed social movements have contributed to a confusing and dangerous online discourse.
That’s why the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Sesame Street, and the Daily Dot have teamed up to create this short video that you can share with friends, family, and new parents.
In support of his first major public health initiative, Dr. Vivek Murthy, surgeon general of the U.S., drops in on Elmo’s checkup to explain how vaccines actually work and why they’re so critical to children’s health.
You can find more information and resources about childhood vaccinations at the Health & Human Services blog. This video and partnership supports the Sesame Workshop’s mission to help all kids grow up smarter, stronger, and kinder.
Photo by Health & Human Services/Daily Dot
Matt Silverman is the director of video and producer of 2 Girls 1 Podcast at the Daily Dot. He has been making internet shows and viral videos for nearly a decade, and has directed top talent including John Oliver, Kevin Bacon, Kate McKinnon, Alton Brown, and the Sesame Street Muppets. Silverman is also the creator of FREE DAD VIDEOS, a comedy and music channel with his young children.