- ‘Joker’ stairs latest Instagram spot; locals joke about potential robberies 2 Years Ago
- PewDiePie banned in China after reacting to Winnie the Pooh memes Today 8:46 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Eagles on Sunday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream Chargers vs. Titans in Week 7 Today 6:00 AM
- 13 spooky romance games for adults Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 9 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Bills vs. Dolphins in Week 7 Today 4:30 AM
- How to stream Jaguars vs. Bengals in Week 7 Today 4:00 AM
- How to stream Texans vs. Colts in Week 7 Today 3:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Liverpool Saturday 10:00 PM
- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Ravens in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- Are TikTok teens throwing up gang signs in their videos? Saturday 2:45 PM
Special prosecutor Robert Mueller, who is leading an independent investigation into Russian interference during the 2016 election, is investigating President Donald Trump. This according to a just-released Washington Post report.
The special counsel, appointed by the Justice Department, has a wide mandate and is investigating possible collusion between the Russian government and Trump’s staff. But the Post reports that the focus is also shifting to Trump himself.
Members of Trump’s national security team, including Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and head of the National Security Agency Adm. Mike Rogers, are set to speak with Mueller soon. Trump once asked both Rogers and Coats to issue public statements denying that evidence of collusion existed. It’s possible those actions too will be considered by the special counsel.
According to the Post‘s sources, the Justice Department began an investigation into Trump’s actions shortly after he dismissed Comey, which the president himself admitted was because of the Russia investigation. It is now the domain of Mueller’s team. Per the Post, Mueller has decided to continue that investigation.
Trump is now having his personal lawyer, Marc Kasowitz, handle all matters relating to Russia, in lieu of the White House counsel. When reached, a spokesman for Kasowitz said that “the FBI leak of information regarding the President is outrageous, inexcusable and illegal.”
Trump, on Twitter several weeks ago, called the investigation the single greatest witch hunt in politics.
H/T Washington Post
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]