- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm 11 Months Ago
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Today 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Today 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Today 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
Twitter suspended the account of anti-fascist group Smash Racism DC following an incident involving FOX News host Tucker Carlson.
Members of the group gathered outside the home of Carlson late Wednesday night, prompting a call to the police. Authorities arrived at Carlson’s residence to find around 20 protesters in black, who were pounding on the door and shouting.
After the protest, the @SmashRacismDC account was suspended. The suspension occurred sometime after midnight, according to reports.
The group describes itself as “united in our fight against the Nazis, the Ku Klux Klan, the Aryan Nations and any other group that envisions a world that isn’t for all of us,” on its Facebook page. Outside of Carlson’s home in Washington, members of the group shouted “Tucker Carlson, we will fight. We know where you sleep at night,” and “Racist scumbag leave town,” according to Fox News.
BREAKING:— Benny (@bennyjohnson) November 8, 2018
A mob has gathered outside Tucker Carlson’s home demanding his family leave DC because he is a "racist scumbag."
"Every night you spread fear into homes — we remind you that you are not safe either"
Tucker has 4 children.
The Left is sick.https://t.co/rXs8pUmhxu pic.twitter.com/1R9O9UcTYM
Carlson was not home at the time. Instead, his wife Susie was there alone, locking herself in a pantry while she waited for police to arrive. Protesters rang the doorbell and “broke his oak door,” according to Fox.
Update: Twitter suspended the account of the Antifa-associated group, Smash Racism DC, sometime after midnight.— Joe Concha (@JoeConchaTV) November 8, 2018
Earlier Wed. night, a mob had converged on the home of Fox News host Tucker Carlson, forcing his wife home alone at the time to hide in a pantry until police arrived. https://t.co/IcTGXwCHwv
Smash Racism DC has a history of posting antagonistic and often violent messages. A deleted post from late September threatened several members of the Republican party, along with “the rest of the racist, sexist, transphobic, and homophobic right-wing scum.”
“You are not safe,” the tweet reads. “We will find you. We will expose you. We will take from you the peace you have taken from so many others.”
Smash Racism DC was involved in a protest against Ted Cruz during the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation process as well.
Following rising criticism, Twitter has removed accounts for advocating violence and harassment. Several right-wing accounts like those of alt-right icon Richard Spencer and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones have been permanently suspended.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.