- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu 6 Months Ago
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Today 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Donald Trump posted a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 152 for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- People keep calling the ‘Game of Thrones’ creators by their initials—and it’s confusing D&D players Saturday 8:00 AM
- After infidelity and abuse accusations, ProJared said his wife wanted an open marriage Saturday 7:40 AM
- ‘Jailbirds’ prioritizes petty drama over insight Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Deontay Wilder vs. Dominic Breazeale for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to live stream Josh Taylor vs. Ivan Baranchyk on DAZN Saturday 6:00 AM
- Kim Kardashian West reveals her and Kanye’s 4th child is named Psalm Friday 6:38 PM
- Tan France and Alexa Chung are hosting Netflix’s first fashion show Friday 5:42 PM
Twitter suspends SmashRacismDC after Tucker Carlson protest
Twitter suspended the account of anti-fascist group Smash Racism DC following an incident involving FOX News host Tucker Carlson.
Members of the group gathered outside the home of Carlson late Wednesday night, prompting a call to the police. Authorities arrived at Carlson’s residence to find around 20 protesters in black, who were pounding on the door and shouting.
After the protest, the @SmashRacismDC account was suspended. The suspension occurred sometime after midnight, according to reports.
The group describes itself as “united in our fight against the Nazis, the Ku Klux Klan, the Aryan Nations and any other group that envisions a world that isn’t for all of us,” on its Facebook page. Outside of Carlson’s home in Washington, members of the group shouted “Tucker Carlson, we will fight. We know where you sleep at night,” and “Racist scumbag leave town,” according to Fox News.
A mob has gathered outside Tucker Carlson’s home demanding his family leave DC because he is a "racist scumbag."
"Every night you spread fear into homes — we remind you that you are not safe either"
Tucker has 4 children.
— Benny (@bennyjohnson) November 8, 2018
Carlson was not home at the time. Instead, his wife Susie was there alone, locking herself in a pantry while she waited for police to arrive. Protesters rang the doorbell and “broke his oak door,” according to Fox.
Update: Twitter suspended the account of the Antifa-associated group, Smash Racism DC, sometime after midnight.
Earlier Wed. night, a mob had converged on the home of Fox News host Tucker Carlson, forcing his wife home alone at the time to hide in a pantry until police arrived. https://t.co/IcTGXwCHwv
— Joe Concha (@JoeConchaTV) November 8, 2018
Smash Racism DC has a history of posting antagonistic and often violent messages. A deleted post from late September threatened several members of the Republican party, along with “the rest of the racist, sexist, transphobic, and homophobic right-wing scum.”
“You are not safe,” the tweet reads. “We will find you. We will expose you. We will take from you the peace you have taken from so many others.”
— Julio Rosas (@Julio_Rosas11) November 8, 2018
Smash Racism DC was involved in a protest against Ted Cruz during the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation process as well.
Following rising criticism, Twitter has removed accounts for advocating violence and harassment. Several right-wing accounts like those of alt-right icon Richard Spencer and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones have been permanently suspended.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.