- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
Sheriff Clarke—who says he’s joining the Trump administration—has some, uh, interesting likes
It only takes a minute to get a sense of what Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke, who said on Wednesday that he’s accepted a Homeland Security job, likes: America, guns, cops, God, and President Donald Trump. At least by his Twitter likes and activity.
It also becomes fairly evident that he’s into toes and women in bikinis.
He also enjoys political humor, even if it’s accusatory and sympathetic to popular conspiracy theories.
Clarke is also a frequent guest on Fox News. Last month a Milwaukee County Jail inmate was found dead of dehydration; officers had removed his water during solitary confinement. The death has been ruled a homicide by the county’s medical examiner. Clarke’s office oversees the county jail.
Clarke has, also via Twitter, compared President Barack Obama to Hitler:
17Jun1936 Hitler united all police forces under one commander. Obama trying to do the same using DOJ to federalize local police. Wake up!— David A. Clarke, Jr. (@SheriffClarke) July 5, 2015
H/T Alex Yablon
Nidia Cavazos is a multimedia journalist with an emphasis on political reporting. She's contributed to Univision, KXAN, and USA Today College, and she was named one of six NBC Fellows by the National Association of Hispanic Journalists in 2017.