- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder 2 Days Ago
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion 2 Days Ago
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature 2 Days Ago
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Today 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Today 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Today 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Today 10:21 AM
- 10 Korean skincare brands that are worth your money Today 10:00 AM
- 20 unique Mother’s Day gifts for the cool moms Today 9:45 AM
- Ancestry.com ad tries to sell slavery as romance—not rape Today 9:44 AM
- The 9 best Satanic movies on Shudder Today 9:22 AM
- Twitch streamer banned after accidentally revealing racist chats Today 9:21 AM
- This video captures 15 years of meme trends in 10 minutes Today 8:57 AM
- Trump calls parts of Mueller Report ‘total bullshit’ in unfinished tweetstorm Today 8:24 AM
- Amid ‘Avengers’ hype, ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ bumps up release date Today 7:57 AM
The protesters were yelling about ‘Sodom and Gomorrah.’
The protesters interrupted a speech by the 2020 hopeful in Iowa by shouting about “Sodom and Gomorrah,” two biblical cities supposedly destroyed by God. One protester began yelling after Buttigieg, who is gay, addressed his marriage.
After the audience applauded, one man could be heard shouting the anti-LGBTQ remarks. Buttigieg looked in his direction and said “hello again” before moving on with his speech. As the man persisted, the crowd began chanting the Democrats name.
“You know, the good news is, the condition of my soul is in the hands of God, but the Iowa Caucuses are up to you,” Buttigieg said after the man was escorted out of the crowd.
"You know, the good news is, the condition of my soul is in the hands of God but the Iowa Caucuses are up to you."
— The Hill (@thehill) April 17, 2019
Later, another protester continued yelling similar remarks. The 2020 hopeful responded: “We got it. Promise you, we got it.”
“Remember the beauty of our democracy: everyone here gets the exact same voice and vote. Feels like the numbers are on our side.”
The city of Sodom was supposedly destroyed by God after angels were unable to find “righteous men” within it. The name of the city’s denizens, Sodomites, is a derogatory term for homosexuals.
Recent 2020 Democratic primary polls have shown Buttigieg rising above more well-known candidates like Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.).
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).