- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Monday 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Monday 12:11 PM
- The Phillie Phanatic mascot unveils a slimmer makeover Monday 11:56 AM
- YouTuber threatened with arrest after rapping about being a girl from Mecca Monday 11:55 AM
- Video shows flat-Earther ‘daredevil’ crashing to death after homemade rocket fails Monday 11:49 AM
- Cardi B defends Dwyane Wade’s daughter during Instagram Live Monday 11:45 AM
Comedian Alex Ptak brought his own spin on 2020 presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke to Twitter, Mashable reported on Friday. And it seems that take is an evil fiend, because Ptak created “Demon Beto,” and the internet can’t seem to get enough.
Any good politician knows what the people really want.
“Hungry Americans are looking for pious blood,” Demon Beto says in Ptak’s video.
Demon Beto referenced his Texas roots, too.
“Down in Texas when we say ‘way down south,’ we mean in hell,” according to Demon Beto.
Folks... it's Demon Beto pic.twitter.com/zgtcLkNtFN— Alex “Big Cash” Ptak (@PtakJokes) April 11, 2019
And it looks like Demon Beto might have higher favorability ratings than his more wholesome counterpart—at least among comedy fans on Twitter.
I’d get on the Demon Beto train. https://t.co/eU9SnTW5oF— John Renaud (@johnrenaud) April 12, 2019
Finally a democrat I can trust.— Jesus Leyva (@anewday_3) April 12, 2019
I am here for as much Demon Beto as I can get— Joey (@iwolf6645) April 11, 2019
hahaha this is so good and also reminded me beto existed!!— Orli Matlow (@HireMeImFunny) April 11, 2019
Demon Beto references real Beto’s punk past in the video: “We are all part of a band, a band called the devil.”
"we are all in a band called, the devil" is so good— the tony soprano of synthwave (@vile_hog) April 12, 2019
O’Rourke is known for having visited every single district in Texas during his Senate campaign. As a 2020 presidential candidate, O’Rourke has already visited Iowa, Vermont, and South Carolina. And it looks like Demon Beto is hitting the campaign trail, too: “We’re going to Damascus, that’s where the sin gate is.”
Demon Beto 2020, anyone?
- Beto O’Rourke cutting steak on Instagram is making people horny
- Beto O’Rourke reportedly pranked his wife with a ‘verdant turd’
- Does Beto O’Rourke’s dog want him to run for president?
- Beto O’Rourke kicks off 2020 campaign with plan to get people laid
Eilish O’Sullivan is the news wire editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.