- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Friday 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Friday 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Friday 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Friday 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Friday 12:31 PM
A preacher and former Indiana state representative blasted 2020 Democratic hopeful Pete Buttigieg in a homophobic blog post this month.
The May 15 blog titled “Pete, Since You Brought It Up, How ‘Gay’ Are You?” appears on Don Boys’ website Common Sense for Today. In the post, Boys writes that Buttigieg should disavow fisting and rimming and other “promiscuous” gay activities.
“Arrogant homosexuals seem to think that all of us want to know about when they ‘became aware of their sexuality’ and feel a need to announce it to the world. As if we care,” Boys writes. He goes on to show that he cares a lot about Buttigieg’s sex life.
“I don’t hate Pete or his lover or any other homosexual, but I will not give them a pass when they or others suggest that ‘gayness’ is not perversion, that it is normal, maybe even admirable,” he says.
As he cites dubious statistics about homosexuality, Boys asks whether Buttigieg will “repudiate” rimming, fisting, and “golden showers.” He repeatedly refers to Buttigieg’s husband as his “lover” and insists that the candidate is “too ‘gay.'”
And Boys is especially concerned that, because he’s gay, 37-year-old Buttigieg will die young.
“Voters should know that a homosexual president may not live to finish his term,” Boys writes.
- The atonement of an alt-right troll
- #StopTheBans protests draw thousands across the country in support of abortion rights
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.