- Joe Biden really, really hates raves 4 Weeks Ago
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Today 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Today 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Today 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Today 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Today 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Today 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Today 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Today 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Today 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Today 1:54 PM
- Teen confesses to killing her best friend on video to get $9 million from a stranger online Today 1:28 PM
- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban Today 12:17 PM
- Twitch-famous bounty hunter kicks down target’s door in wildly popular live stream Today 11:42 AM
- New GOP bill would audit major tech companies for bias Today 11:37 AM
A preacher and former Indiana state representative blasted 2020 Democratic hopeful Pete Buttigieg in a homophobic blog post this month.
The May 15 blog titled “Pete, Since You Brought It Up, How ‘Gay’ Are You?” appears on Don Boys’ website Common Sense for Today. In the post, Boys writes that Buttigieg should disavow fisting and rimming and other “promiscuous” gay activities.
“Arrogant homosexuals seem to think that all of us want to know about when they ‘became aware of their sexuality’ and feel a need to announce it to the world. As if we care,” Boys writes. He goes on to show that he cares a lot about Buttigieg’s sex life.
“I don’t hate Pete or his lover or any other homosexual, but I will not give them a pass when they or others suggest that ‘gayness’ is not perversion, that it is normal, maybe even admirable,” he says.
As he cites dubious statistics about homosexuality, Boys asks whether Buttigieg will “repudiate” rimming, fisting, and “golden showers.” He repeatedly refers to Buttigieg’s husband as his “lover” and insists that the candidate is “too ‘gay.'”
And Boys is especially concerned that, because he’s gay, 37-year-old Buttigieg will die young.
“Voters should know that a homosexual president may not live to finish his term,” Boys writes.
- The atonement of an alt-right troll
- #StopTheBans protests draw thousands across the country in support of abortion rights
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.