- The 10 most influential hashtags of the decade Today 6:30 AM
- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Saturday 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Saturday 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Saturday 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Saturday 7:00 AM
Author Marianne Williamson, one of many people running in the 2020 Democratic primary, was caught on a hot mic lamenting that the political right was “nicer” to her than the left.
Williamson made the remarks after an interview with Eric Bolling earlier this month, according to Mediaite. The interview came around the time after she deleted a tweet where she suggested that the “power of the mind” helped turn Hurricane Dorian away from its projected path.
“What does it say that Fox News is nicer to me than the lefties are?” she says. “What does it say that the conservatives are nicer to me? It’s such a bizarre world. You know, I’m such a lefty. I mean, I’m a serious lefty… I understand why people on the right call them godless. I mean, it’s like, I didn’t think the left are as mean as the right. They are.”
.@marwilliamson: “What does it say that the conservatives are nicer to me? I’m a serious lefty but they are so — I understand why people on the right called them godless — I mean, it’s like, I didn’t think the left was as mean as the right, they are.” pic.twitter.com/0iXkWPRdAW— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) September 12, 2019
Williamson went on to try and clarify her remarks in a follow-up interview with Bolling.
“I think when it comes to roughness, and tumble, you know, the rough and tumble of politics and how people behave … I think that there are things that happen just in people—it’s not a left-right issue—and I have found, you know, it’s tough out there. And I was just talking about the fact that, that day you were certainly very kind to me. And listen, many people on the left are very kind to me. I’m running for president… It’s not a walk in the park.”
Williams will not be among the 10 Democrats vying for the 2020 nomination on the stage tonight for the third 2020 Democratic debate.
You can read all of Mediaite’s report here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).