- Actor Amanda Seales pushes back on #FreeRodneyReed movement Monday 10:58 PM
- Netflix thriller ‘Earthquake Bird’ can’t solve its own mystery Monday 4:45 PM
- Goop is selling an expensive ‘restraining arts’ BDSM kit Monday 4:17 PM
- Body positivity actress Lili Reinhart calls out Photoshopping app Monday 3:42 PM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ zeroes in on connections and leans into familiar territory Monday 3:30 PM
- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade Monday 2:30 PM
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday Monday 2:15 PM
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it Monday 2:02 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Monday 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Monday 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Monday 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Monday 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Monday 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Monday 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Monday 12:22 PM
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said the word “fucking” on national television while reading text messages between two members of the FBI during Attorney General William Barr‘s testimony on Wednesday.
Graham, during his opening remarks before Barr testified about the release of the highly anticipated report from Special Counsel Robert Mueller, read text messages from Peter Strzok and Lisa Page while discussing their anti-Trump sentiments.
The South Carolina lawmaker read a number of the texts between the FBI agents, eventually coming across one from October 19, 2016.
“Trump is a fucking idiot, he’s unable to provide a coherent answer,” Graham said, quoting the texts.
“Sorry to the kids out there.”
The f-bomb caught the attention of people watching the Barr testimony.
Never thought I’d hear @LindseyGrahamSC say “fucking” in a Senate committee hearing— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) May 1, 2019
Lindsey Graham just read from the Strzok-Page text messages: “Trump is a fucking idiot” on national television in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Someone please make loop this. 😂😂😂😂😂😂 #barrhearing #barrlied #wednesdaywisdom pic.twitter.com/DFoddcafqn— Holly Figueroa O'Reilly (@AynRandPaulRyan) May 1, 2019
No seven-second delay of this hearing, I guess, so Lindsey Graham just said "fucking idiot" on CNN at 10:15 a.m.— Josh Greenman (@joshgreenman) May 1, 2019
Some good has come out of all of this.
The Strzok and Page text messages have been the focus of Republican lawmakers for over a year, who believe they show a secret club within the FBI that worked against President Donald Trump.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).