- T.I. publicly apologizes to daughters after Kobe Bryant’s death Tuesday 8:46 PM
- ‘Squash the boss’: Labor union seemingly unknowingly posted furry fetish art Tuesday 8:04 PM
- TikTok user pretending to be lab technician who has contracted coronavirus Tuesday 7:08 PM
- Caroline Calloway says she plans to campaign for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Justin Bieber, Snoop Dogg, millions of others sign petition to make Kobe Bryant new NBA logo Tuesday 5:39 PM
- No, Lana Del Rey did not cry because Billie Eilish won album of the year Tuesday 4:48 PM
- People are exposing their eyeballs to phone flash for this TikTok challenge Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Watch Mike Bloomberg try to shake a dog’s mouth Tuesday 3:41 PM
- ‘Rey who?’ is the funniest meme to emerge from ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ Tuesday 3:30 PM
- AI beat the CDC to the punch on coronavirus warnings Tuesday 3:21 PM
- What exactly is a ‘large boulder the size of a small boulder’? Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Mom of ‘Success Kid’ says Steve King can’t use her son’s meme for ‘repulsive’ campaign Tuesday 2:00 PM
- Jake Paul can’t escape Logan Paul’s shadow—even if that loyalty has hurt his career Tuesday 1:13 PM
- Kobe Bryant’s Oscar-winning ‘Dear Basketball’ is now available to stream for free (updated) Tuesday 12:21 PM
- ‘Joker’ ad compares Todd Phillips to Gandhi Tuesday 12:10 PM
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said the word “fucking” on national television while reading text messages between two members of the FBI during Attorney General William Barr‘s testimony on Wednesday.
Graham, during his opening remarks before Barr testified about the release of the highly anticipated report from Special Counsel Robert Mueller, read text messages from Peter Strzok and Lisa Page while discussing their anti-Trump sentiments.
The South Carolina lawmaker read a number of the texts between the FBI agents, eventually coming across one from October 19, 2016.
“Trump is a fucking idiot, he’s unable to provide a coherent answer,” Graham said, quoting the texts.
“Sorry to the kids out there.”
The f-bomb caught the attention of people watching the Barr testimony.
Never thought I’d hear @LindseyGrahamSC say “fucking” in a Senate committee hearing— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) May 1, 2019
Lindsey Graham just read from the Strzok-Page text messages: “Trump is a fucking idiot” on national television in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Someone please make loop this. 😂😂😂😂😂😂 #barrhearing #barrlied #wednesdaywisdom pic.twitter.com/DFoddcafqn— Holly Figueroa O'Reilly (@AynRandPaulRyan) May 1, 2019
No seven-second delay of this hearing, I guess, so Lindsey Graham just said "fucking idiot" on CNN at 10:15 a.m.— Josh Greenman (@joshgreenman) May 1, 2019
Some good has come out of all of this.
The Strzok and Page text messages have been the focus of Republican lawmakers for over a year, who believe they show a secret club within the FBI that worked against President Donald Trump.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).