- Keanu Reeves could join the MCU, according to Kevin Feige 2 Months Ago
- How to watch the U.S. women vs. Sweden online for free Today 7:00 AM
- What were these QAnon fans doing posing at Guantanamo Bay? Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the 2019 NBA Draft online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Ta-Nehisi Coates dismantles Mitch McConnell’s anti-reparations argument Wednesday 7:52 PM
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion regarding Bella Thorne’s nudes Wednesday 7:04 PM
- Joe Biden really, really hates raves Wednesday 6:02 PM
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Wednesday 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Wednesday 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Wednesday 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Wednesday 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Wednesday 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Wednesday 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Wednesday 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Wednesday 2:45 PM
Lindsey Graham read some vulgar anti-Trump texts out loud during Barr hearing
It caught the attention of people online.
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said the word “fucking” on national television while reading text messages between two members of the FBI during Attorney General William Barr‘s testimony on Wednesday.
Graham, during his opening remarks before Barr testified about the release of the highly anticipated report from Special Counsel Robert Mueller, read text messages from Peter Strzok and Lisa Page while discussing their anti-Trump sentiments.
The South Carolina lawmaker read a number of the texts between the FBI agents, eventually coming across one from October 19, 2016.
“Trump is a fucking idiot, he’s unable to provide a coherent answer,” Graham said, quoting the texts.
— CBS News (@CBSNews) May 1, 2019
“Sorry to the kids out there.”
The f-bomb caught the attention of people watching the Barr testimony.
Never thought I’d hear @LindseyGrahamSC say “fucking” in a Senate committee hearing
— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) May 1, 2019
— Bradley (@celticskyrie1) May 1, 2019
Lindsey Graham just read from the Strzok-Page text messages: “Trump is a fucking idiot” on national television in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Someone please make loop this. 😂😂😂😂😂😂 #barrhearing #barrlied #wednesdaywisdom pic.twitter.com/DFoddcafqn
— Holly Figueroa O'Reilly (@AynRandPaulRyan) May 1, 2019
No seven-second delay of this hearing, I guess, so Lindsey Graham just said "fucking idiot" on CNN at 10:15 a.m.
Some good has come out of all of this.
— Josh Greenman (@joshgreenman) May 1, 2019
The Strzok and Page text messages have been the focus of Republican lawmakers for over a year, who believe they show a secret club within the FBI that worked against President Donald Trump.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).