- Everything we know so far about Peacock, NBC’s new streaming service Tuesday 7:42 PM
- Selena Gomez producing docuseries about immigration for Netflix Tuesday 7:11 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Shakhtar Donetsk in Champions League action Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos threatens to crash furry convention he is barred from Tuesday 5:54 PM
- How to stream Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid in Champions League action Tuesday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. PSG in Champions League action Tuesday 5:24 PM
- No-fly zone implemented over Area 51 ahead of Alienstock festival Tuesday 5:16 PM
- TikTok accused of censoring content about Hong Kong protests Tuesday 5:04 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em, Week 3: At the Bakery Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Alex Trebek says he will be undergoing chemotherapy again Tuesday 4:27 PM
- Dan Crenshaw roasted after attacking Sanders’ call for veteran care Tuesday 4:19 PM
- How to stream NXT for its USA network debut Tuesday 4:12 PM
- This website will show you how AI classifies you Tuesday 3:22 PM
- School tells Black 4-year-old to cut his hair or wear a dress Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Lizzo called a ‘snitch’ for accusing Postmates runner of stealing food Tuesday 2:30 PM
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said the word “fucking” on national television while reading text messages between two members of the FBI during Attorney General William Barr‘s testimony on Wednesday.
Graham, during his opening remarks before Barr testified about the release of the highly anticipated report from Special Counsel Robert Mueller, read text messages from Peter Strzok and Lisa Page while discussing their anti-Trump sentiments.
The South Carolina lawmaker read a number of the texts between the FBI agents, eventually coming across one from October 19, 2016.
“Trump is a fucking idiot, he’s unable to provide a coherent answer,” Graham said, quoting the texts.
“Sorry to the kids out there.”
The f-bomb caught the attention of people watching the Barr testimony.
Never thought I’d hear @LindseyGrahamSC say “fucking” in a Senate committee hearing— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) May 1, 2019
Lindsey Graham just read from the Strzok-Page text messages: “Trump is a fucking idiot” on national television in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Someone please make loop this. 😂😂😂😂😂😂 #barrhearing #barrlied #wednesdaywisdom pic.twitter.com/DFoddcafqn— Holly Figueroa O'Reilly (@AynRandPaulRyan) May 1, 2019
No seven-second delay of this hearing, I guess, so Lindsey Graham just said "fucking idiot" on CNN at 10:15 a.m.— Josh Greenman (@joshgreenman) May 1, 2019
Some good has come out of all of this.
The Strzok and Page text messages have been the focus of Republican lawmakers for over a year, who believe they show a secret club within the FBI that worked against President Donald Trump.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).