- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Today 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Today 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Today 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Today 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Today 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Today 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Today 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Today 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Today 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
President Donald Trump smashed the retweet button nearly 60 times on Wednesday morning, boosting the voices of people claiming they are firefighters who will vote for him in the 2020 presidential election—including one that reportedly changed its name to “F*ck Donald Trump.”
The retweets came as the president was commenting on a post by Fox News personality Dan Bongino who claimed that “none” of the firefighters he knows will be voting for former Vice President Joe Biden, who recently announced that he would be seeking the 2020 Democratic nomination.
The International Association of Firefighters endorsed Biden earlier this week.
“I’ve done more for Firefighters than this dues sucking union will ever do, and I get paid ZERO!” Trump wrote, retweeting Bongino.
I’ve done more for Firefighters than this dues sucking union will ever do, and I get paid ZERO! https://t.co/Tw0qwTiUD6— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 1, 2019
Following his tweet, the president retweeted nearly 60 people who replied to Bongino’s tweet, many of who claimed they were firefighters–or knew firefighters–that planned on voting for Trump in the 2020 election.
However, as Mediaite spotted, one of the accounts retweeted by the president changed their username to “Fuck Donald Trump” after being retweeted by the president.
The tweet stayed up until Wednesday at 8:00am CT, when it was taken down. Until then, the president had not unretweeted the user, leaving the “Fuck Donald Trump” account on his timeline.
The account also has a “Bernie 2020” picture.
The account addressed the retweet on Wednesday morning.
“What a great morning. In all seriousness, our president is an awful, hateful human being who wants nothing more than to keep the status quo and hatred prevalent in our country when we should be pushing forward with the rest of the world towards progress and change. Please vote,” they wrote.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).