- How to stream Barcelona vs. Slavia Praha in the Champions League 11 Months Ago
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Ajax in the Champions League Today 1:00 AM
- People are using #WheresLindsey to criticize Graham over Trump ‘lynching’ defense Tuesday 8:22 PM
- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success Tuesday 4:50 PM
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history Tuesday 4:31 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn Tuesday 4:26 PM
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Tuesday 3:46 PM
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Tuesday 3:15 PM
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Tuesday 3:02 PM
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords Tuesday 2:47 PM
Right-wing activist Laura Loomer has been permanently suspended from Twitter, multiple outlets reported on Wednesday.
Sean Campbell, a videographer who collaborates with Loomer, posted screenshots to Facebook showing Loomer’s suspension notice. Per the screenshots, Twitter found Loomer in violation of its “rules against hateful conduct” and cited a tweet from Loomer spouting falsehoods about Minnesota’s Democratic Representative-elect Ilhan Omar.
“Isn’t it ironic how the twitter moment used to celebrate ‘women, LGBTQ, and minorities’ is a picture of Ilhan Omar?” Loomer’s tweet said. “Ilhan is pro Sharia Ilhan is pro- FGB Under Sharia, homosexuals are oppressed & killed. Women are abused & forced to wear the hibah. Ilhan is anti Jewish.”
Campbell wrote that the suspension was “absolutely absurd and censorship at its core.” Loomer said in a Facebook post of her own that “Twitter decided to permanently suspend my account in an attempt to silence my voice.”
Following her suspension, conservatives defended Loomer on Twitter.
I strongly dislike Laura Loomer. She even has me blocked. But, she should not be suspended for what she tweeted. Twitter is slowly banning right wingers. It started at the fringes and is now creeping to the center-right. pic.twitter.com/ZI49Q2R8Tp— Kassy Dillon (@KassyDillon) November 22, 2018
I'm going to RT some stuff WAAAAY worse than anything Laura Loomer ever posted. If that bothers you, unfollow now.— Mike Cernovich ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (@Cernovich) November 22, 2018
Guess which one was banned pic.twitter.com/hP8ZR033Xi— Jack Posobiec ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (@JackPosobiec) November 21, 2018
Loomer was previously suspended from Twitter for a week ahead of the 2018 midterms. The platform did not specify what rules Loomer broke at the time, and she decried the suspension as “election meddling.” The suspension came after she confronted Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey during a congressional hearing in September.
The conservative provocateur was banned from Uber and Lyft last year after tweeting anti-Muslim statements.
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.