- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix 1 Year Ago
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ 1 Year Ago
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government 1 Year Ago
- Police officer suspended after video of a handcuffed Delonte West surfaces Today 11:33 AM
- ‘Girls don’t want a boyfriend’ meme leaves boyfriends in 2019 Today 11:21 AM
- Are these tweets about ‘The Bachelor’ or Trump’s impeachment? Today 10:45 AM
- Likely file Saudi prince sent to Jeff Bezos’ to hack his phone revealed Today 10:10 AM
- Will Olivia Jade have to testify against her mother, Lori Loughlin, in bribery trial? Today 10:07 AM
- Gina Rodriguez slammed for promoting ‘American Dirt’ Today 9:26 AM
- Netflix says ‘The Witcher’ is its biggest show. Is it really? Today 8:59 AM
- Tulsi Gabbard sues Hillary Clinton for podcast comments Today 8:53 AM
- Lizzo reps Beyoncé’s Ivy Park collection in adult-themed TikTok Today 7:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eye for an Eye’ is a fun but messy thriller about revenge Today 7:00 AM
- Which 2020 Democratic candidates post the most cringe? Today 6:30 AM
- The new ‘Hunger Games’ book paints President Snow as a hero—and people are not happy Tuesday 9:03 PM
Right-wing activist Laura Loomer has been permanently suspended from Twitter, multiple outlets reported on Wednesday.
Sean Campbell, a videographer who collaborates with Loomer, posted screenshots to Facebook showing Loomer’s suspension notice. Per the screenshots, Twitter found Loomer in violation of its “rules against hateful conduct” and cited a tweet from Loomer spouting falsehoods about Minnesota’s Democratic Representative-elect Ilhan Omar.
“Isn’t it ironic how the twitter moment used to celebrate ‘women, LGBTQ, and minorities’ is a picture of Ilhan Omar?” Loomer’s tweet said. “Ilhan is pro Sharia Ilhan is pro- FGB Under Sharia, homosexuals are oppressed & killed. Women are abused & forced to wear the hibah. Ilhan is anti Jewish.”
Campbell wrote that the suspension was “absolutely absurd and censorship at its core.” Loomer said in a Facebook post of her own that “Twitter decided to permanently suspend my account in an attempt to silence my voice.”
Following her suspension, conservatives defended Loomer on Twitter.
I strongly dislike Laura Loomer. She even has me blocked. But, she should not be suspended for what she tweeted. Twitter is slowly banning right wingers. It started at the fringes and is now creeping to the center-right. pic.twitter.com/ZI49Q2R8Tp— Kassy Dillon (@KassyDillon) November 22, 2018
I'm going to RT some stuff WAAAAY worse than anything Laura Loomer ever posted. If that bothers you, unfollow now.— Mike Cernovich ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (@Cernovich) November 22, 2018
Guess which one was banned pic.twitter.com/hP8ZR033Xi— Jack Posobiec ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (@JackPosobiec) November 21, 2018
Loomer was previously suspended from Twitter for a week ahead of the 2018 midterms. The platform did not specify what rules Loomer broke at the time, and she decried the suspension as “election meddling.” The suspension came after she confronted Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey during a congressional hearing in September.
The conservative provocateur was banned from Uber and Lyft last year after tweeting anti-Muslim statements.
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.