- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE 2 Months Ago
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Today 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Today 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Today 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Today 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Today 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Today 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Today 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Today 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Today 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Today 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Today 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
Former Vice President Joe Biden was at the center of Wednesday night’s debate, with a number of candidates seeking to put distance between themselves and the current 2020 Democratic front runner.
One of those candidates was Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.). During a back-and-forth about criminal justice reform, Biden mistakenly referred to the New Jersey senator as the “president” before correcting himself and then calling him the “future president” while grabbing the senator’s shoulder.
After a minute or two, Booker responded:
“I’m grateful that he endorsed my presidency already,” the New Jersey lawmaker said.
Joe Biden calling Cory Booker the President, correct himself and calls him the future President. pic.twitter.com/g4yi9z6zPK— Ⓜ️arcusD ▶️ (@_MarcusD3_) August 1, 2019
The exchange did not go unnoticed.
Biden just called Cory Booker the “future president.”— David (@DavidSDePriest) August 1, 2019
Did Joe Biden just call Cory Booker the “future president”?— Jessica Shortall (@jessicashortall) August 1, 2019
Also, this debate is way more bare knuckles
Wait... Biden called Booker “future President” ??? What’s with these choices? #DemDebate2— Raquel Willis (@RaquelWillis_) August 1, 2019
Booker’s Twitter account has already tried to start fundraising on the exchange.
“Future President has a nice ring to it. Chip in $5 (or whatever you can) to help our campaign keep up the momentum,” his account tweeted during the debate, with a link to a donation page.
- No, Jim Jordan didn’t blame Joe Biden and Obama for 9/11
- Hecklers interrupt Cory Booker to protest Bill de Blasio over Eric Garner
- After Steve Bullock’s debate night, Montana wants to know: Who is the governor?
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).