- The best gear and gadget gifts for Dad this holiday season Today 7:30 AM
- The 10 most important sci-fi films of the 2010s Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix advances beyond testosterone-fueled anime with subdued ‘Levius’ Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
- Jameela Jamil dragged for comparing reproductive rights to landlord rights Tuesday 6:54 PM
- Trump campaign posts Thanos meme, totally misses point of ‘Endgame’ Tuesday 5:58 PM
- Petition calls for Apple to make a Baby Yoda emoji Tuesday 5:16 PM
- This BTS-Billie Eilish mashup is the most popular tweet of 2019 Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Michelle Wolf embraces vulgarity in ‘Joke Show’ Tuesday 4:24 PM
- Influencer gets 14 years in prison for trying to steal domain name at gunpoint Tuesday 4:14 PM
- ‘Three Days of Christmas’ is a delightfully dark holiday alternative to Hallmark Tuesday 3:55 PM
- The way Trump Jr. holds his own book inspires mockery Tuesday 3:47 PM
- Woman facing backlash for no longer wearing hijab in end of the decade photo Tuesday 3:16 PM
- Report: Consulting firm lied about decreasing violence at Rikers Island jail Tuesday 2:36 PM
- TikTok users are sharing things they thought were ‘ghetto’ as kids Tuesday 2:31 PM
Former Vice President Joe Biden was at the center of Wednesday night’s debate, with a number of candidates seeking to put distance between themselves and the current 2020 Democratic front runner.
One of those candidates was Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.). During a back-and-forth about criminal justice reform, Biden mistakenly referred to the New Jersey senator as the “president” before correcting himself and then calling him the “future president” while grabbing the senator’s shoulder.
After a minute or two, Booker responded:
“I’m grateful that he endorsed my presidency already,” the New Jersey lawmaker said.
Joe Biden calling Cory Booker the President, correct himself and calls him the future President. pic.twitter.com/g4yi9z6zPK— Ⓜ️arcusD ▶️ (@_MarcusD3_) August 1, 2019
The exchange did not go unnoticed.
Biden just called Cory Booker the “future president.”— David (@DavidSDePriest) August 1, 2019
Did Joe Biden just call Cory Booker the “future president”?— Jessica Shortall (@jessicashortall) August 1, 2019
Also, this debate is way more bare knuckles
Wait... Biden called Booker “future President” ??? What’s with these choices? #DemDebate2— Raquel Willis (@RaquelWillis_) August 1, 2019
Booker’s Twitter account has already tried to start fundraising on the exchange.
“Future President has a nice ring to it. Chip in $5 (or whatever you can) to help our campaign keep up the momentum,” his account tweeted during the debate, with a link to a donation page.
- No, Jim Jordan didn’t blame Joe Biden and Obama for 9/11
- Hecklers interrupt Cory Booker to protest Bill de Blasio over Eric Garner
- After Steve Bullock’s debate night, Montana wants to know: Who is the governor?
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).