- Ajit Pai’s net neutrality victory lap comes as his own repeal is under review 2 Months Ago
- Alissa Violet is in Italy—and fans are worried she’ll get coronavirus 2 Months Ago
- Bernie or Barry? Garth Brooks’ Sanders jersey sparks online panic 2 Months Ago
- Netflix series ‘Followers’ is a visual treat—but lacks a clear narrative Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer got trapped under ice for TikTok clout, ‘came close to dying’ Thursday 7:59 PM
- #BernieBruh puts new spin on ‘Bernie Bro’ label, showcases support among Black voters Thursday 6:58 PM
- Camila María Concepcíon, trans activist and Netflix writer, dies at 28 Thursday 5:46 PM
- Chrissy Teigen calls out fan who made weird comment about her daughter’s feet Thursday 4:57 PM
- TikTok’s ‘clean queen’ says videos are helping her figure out ‘adulting’ Thursday 4:12 PM
- Clearview clients include ICE, Macy’s, Best Buy, leaked data reveals Thursday 4:08 PM
- Women are clamoring to get their photos on a Twitter feed of ‘hot mugshots’ Thursday 4:06 PM
- ‘Love Is Blind’ finale: Somehow, real love emerged from this dystopian setting Thursday 3:57 PM
- Creator of ‘Say So’ TikTok dance appears in Doja Cat music video Thursday 3:51 PM
- Is TikTok’s algorithm actually pretty racist? Thursday 3:45 PM
- Fans freaking out over ‘Say My Name’ horror remix featured in Jordan Peele’s ‘Candyman’ Thursday 3:33 PM
Jacob Wohl, a blundering pro-Trump operative known for his smears of political opponents, is supposedly operating a pro-Trump Twitter account, @ChatbyCC.
The account, which was retweeted by President Donald Trump today, relentlessly shares pro-Trump sentiments while tagging the commander-in-chief. Trump has retweeted the account at least six times.
Thank you CC! https://t.co/qfagL6s78G— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 16, 2019
Twitter users have been quick to expose the account, whose owner they say is Wohl, noting how he’s claimed ownership of the account on Instagram.
"CC" is Jacob Wohl. Fact. Lifetime twitter ban yet he's here masquerading on multiple accounts, CC, RD, MatthewJShitshow, Lori Hendry etc. Don't bother engaging. Save yourself the trouble.— The Chef (@fittybucksdonny) December 16, 2019
We’re guessing a lot of our followers are blocked by CC because more of you than average know CC is Jacob Wohl— The Jacob Wohl Report (@JacobWohlReport) December 16, 2019
Let’s find out- there’s a poll in the tweet attached to this one, go vote now! https://t.co/CNKZrlnMcC
lol this CC account is Jacob Wohl https://t.co/u8ZhDCG5M7— Aric Toler (@AricToler) December 16, 2019
Awwww, Jacob/CC is having problems with his/her retweet levels. He/she should really file a report with Twitter. You know, give his/her name...— Onesecondname (@Onesecondname) December 8, 2019
"Hi Twitter, I'm Jacob Wohl. I was banned from Twitter, and now I'm having an issue with my alt account...". pic.twitter.com/NJjKmtE4Km
Is CC really an alias of Jacob Wohl ! This Jacob Wohl? So when did he trans ? Sex changed but still the same old criminal jerk though ... pic.twitter.com/pAYlcAsW27— officialjules (@contactjules) December 16, 2019
@ChatByCC Has 317.5K followers and 426K tweets. They don't pass the botcheck test. There is also rumors that this is an account of Jacob Wohl, the disgraced "political operative" who has been banned from Twitter. Trump replied to 'her' by name! pic.twitter.com/jmx83SDPLb— Illegally Low (@illegallylow) December 16, 2019
Wohl did not respond to the Daily Dot’s request for comment, but has previously denied running the account, characterizing it as a “ludicrous question.”
Twitter has not responded to the Daily Dot’s request for comment about the account.
Previously, a Twitter spokesperson issued the following statement to the Daily Dot regarding why Wohl was permanently suspended from the platform: “Jacob Wohl’s account was suspended for multiple violations of the Twitter Rules, specifically creating and operating fake accounts.”
In screenshots of Wohl’s Instagram story, he gloated about the account and alluded to himself operating it when the president retweeted the account another time.
Wohl though has also spread misinformation about himself, so take this claim with a grain of salt, too.
Update 3:23pm CT, Dec. 16: Twitter suspended @ChatByCC after an inquiry from the Daily Dot, but did not respond to questions about the account’s provenance. On Instagram later in the day, Wohl claimed he was again behind the account.
Zachary Petrizzo is an undergraduate student at George Mason University and a Washington, D.C. based journalist.