- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
- Did Martha McSally plan her ‘liberal hack’ viral moment? Friday 10:32 AM
Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman’s latest scheme has hit yet another snag.
The far-right conspiracy theorists hosted yet another failed press conference last week, this time attempting to smear Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) with testimony from someone claiming to be her personal trainer and former lover.
Now, the man who Wohl and Burkman had speak against the Democratic presidential hopeful has come forward to say he was hired off Craigslist to take part in a scripted performance.
“We are seeking a male actor in their early 20’s to early 30’s for basic performance art acting in Washington DC. We are paying $250/hour. Please reply with your name, contact info and a few pictures of yourself. We are hiring now!” the ad reads.
Newaldass said he didn’t know that Harris was a real person, let alone a politician.
“I thought I was acting for a role in a movie, like a role in a TV series,” he said. “I thought everything was staged, I’m thinking everyone is an actor.”
The unwitting pawn in yet another one of Wohl and Burkman’s ridiculous smear campaigns claims the two told him the event was an audition for a show on Spike TV (a network that no longer exists) and detailed first seeing the script at Burkman’s house. But he says the version that was later emailed to him was actually filled with allegations against former Vice President Joe Biden, so it would seem we know what joke of a “press conference” Wohl and Burkman plan on holding next.
After the press conference, Newaldass says all the comments on his social media accounts made him realize there was no audition and that he had been used in a clumsy attempt to destroy a politician. That’s when he decided to come forward.
And he isn’t the first. Before the event even began, the man ultimately introduced by Wohl as a reverend told the Daily Dot that he was not actually a reverend and had been promised $175 to participate.
Wohl and Burkman have been the brainless puppeteers behind a number of previous attempts to smear Democrats, along with former Special Counsel Robert Mueller. Every attempt has dramatically backfired, with the people the two hired to lie immediately turning on them or having their own past statements disprove what Wohl and Burkman had them say.
With literally no one on the planet trusting a single word either of these hucksters have to say, one has to wonder what their actual goal with these “press conferences” are. But with protesters constantly showing up at Burkman’s house during these events, playing banjos, bagpipes, and dressing up like corn, maybe this is just their version of a neighborhood block party. Though it’s undoubtedly one his neighbors must be getting quite sick of.
- Jacob Wohl stumbles hard in ‘sexcapades’ smear against Kamala Harris
- Jacob Wohl’s Elizabeth Warren sex scandal claim debunked with Instagram photo
- Jacob Wohl, Jack Burkman can’t even throw a sham press conference anymore
- Far-right troll Jacob Wohl caught pretending to travel the world for the ‘gram
H/T Daily Beast
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.